Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anyone have any rear suspension rebound and damping recommendations that they care to share with a new'ish rider please? I'm not exactly a small unit - 6' tall and weigh 115kg (250lb)

Stephen

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hi all,

Anyone have any rear suspension rebound and damping recommendations that they care to share with a new'ish rider please? I'm not exactly a small unit - 6' tall and weigh 115kg (250lb)

Stephen
I doubt that the stock spring is the way to go for you… i would consider custom springs or a pair of aftermarket shocks with suitable spring rate like YSS

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi all,

Stephen
I weigh 275 lbs and called Dan at Kyle racing, the largest west coast USA ohlins distributor. He had Ohlins make a custom shock with a spring for my weight. My bike is night and day. I think it was about 1200 bucks plus tax. You might consider that. YSS are supposed to be great for less dough, but I have no personal experience with those.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I weigh 275 lbs and called Dan at Kyle racing, the largest west coast USA ohlins distributor. He had Ohlins make a custom shock with a spring for my weight. My bike is night and day. I think it was about 1200 bucks plus tax. You might consider that. YSS are supposed to be great for less dough, but I have no personal experience with those.
I have them and they are great (just like the cereal)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL i feel even fatter now ha ha.

So I guess I should just max out the suspension settings at the moment until I make any upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts