Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project Bike

I sold my track bike and have decided to start a project bike: a '03-'09 MultiStrada. Since I don't know much about this bike, Im looking for some info on pro/cons of the year models.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I sold my track bike and have decided to start a project bike: a '03-'09 MultiStrada. Since I don't know much about this bike, Im looking for some info on pro/cons of the year models.

Thanks.
Too much to put in one response.
Search for the older threads, or you can look on the other Multi heavy forum, Multistrada.net. They have the air cooled broken out into a separate thread. That may be easier.

To make a long story short, look for a 2007-9 1100s.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im about to buy a new, to me, MTS...an '07 to be exact. Yes, my current ride is a '12 MTS....the 07 will be a 'project'. Any info about this bike, particularly the engine, would be appreciated. What manual do you guys recommend, and yes, I do my own work.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Im about to buy a new, to me, MTS...an '07 to be exact. Yes, my current ride is a '12 MTS....the 07 will be a 'project'. Any info about this bike, particularly the engine, would be appreciated. What manual do you guys recommend, and yes, I do my own work.
They're easy to work on once you get the fuel tank off (which may or may not be easy depending on how warped it is). Honestly, the biggest thing to look for is how badly the fuel tank is warped. They are huge and span 1/2 the length of the bike and end up underneath the rider seat. A friend of mine bought a 2007 S model about 2 years ago, it had almost 8k miles on it and needed a complete service but my friend has done these services on air-cooled Ducatis before so it was no problem for him. He found a NOS fuel tank on ebay and coated it to prevent future warping. I believe CA Cycleworks has a replacement tank for these bikes but it is unpaintable.

Get an S model if you can. They have the Marchesini wheels and Ohlins suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts