Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved and had my '06 1000SC stored for 3-4 years. It has 900 miles on it from new. Unfortunately, the tank, fluids, etc. weren't drained.
I recently took it to the dealer to restart it - they got it running, changed the battery, belts, fluids, serviced, etc.
Now, when I'm riding it, all of a sudden it will just start revving high and idling at abut 2500 RPM. Not all the time, but a lot - every 5 minutes or so. It will go back down to about 1200 RPM, then shoot up to 2500. It happens regardless of whether the engine is cold or warm. If I cut the engine and restart it while it's revving high, it will go back down for a while, then shoot right back up to 2500. The dealer found that the fuel pressure valve was corroded, so we changed that. Full pump was changed, and injectors were cleaned. They suggest re-flashing the ECU. I'm reluctant to do this just yet - I'm concerned that this might not be the problem and that it could be something more simple.

Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Did they check the TPS, throttle bodies, cables lubricated, and look at your throttle tube? My first thing I would have done is fog the bike with sea foam and clean the throttle bodies. Then do the balancing. Most of what they did you can do yourself. What dealership? Cali has tons of great ducati shops like ProItalia. And JC for starters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
you could unplug the idle control valve when it's hot, which should make it stable. but that's not a long term solution. introducing a fault and making the valve cycle itself may help though. get the bike running then pull the idle valve feed hose off the airbox and hit it with compressed air to blow anything through it.

otherwise, see what the diagnostics say. have the air bleeds been wound open at all?

has the rh idle stop been adjusted at all? i'd make sure by winding it out so it's sitting on the lh stop and then do a tps reset. as long as the running balance is good.

sometimes flashing the ecu can "reset" them sort of thing. stop them doing weird stuff. but i'd be reluctant to pay (or make someone pay) for the speculation.

what ecu is in it - oem closed loop or open loop?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would be surprised if the ECU (electrical) would be the issue with a bike idling funny after sitting for 3 years. Cant imagine it having electrical issues all of a sudden when it didnt. I would guess that the throttle body butterflies could be corroded or have deposits on them. Call JC up and see if he'll take a look at it. Stop throwing money at a dealer.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just get the Microtech ecu if you're gonna reflash. Fuck it. Go all in lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts