Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

06 800 uh-oh

2168 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  f1indy
So I went for a ride today. I was on the bike for about 20 minutes from a cold start. It's close to 100 degrees ambient here in lower Alabama. I watched the temp climb as I was expecting 240-250 degrees. The it started going up 255-260, 265 before I pulled over. It should be able to handle that temp but, well, something didn't. I have some kind of...looks like a drain or overflow that's leaking oil on the front side of the motor. It's sitting right next to a braded steel line on the bottom front of the motor. I assume the steel line is a oil cooler line but I haven't gotten the fairing off yet. On top of that I'm burning oil from the exhaust. I'm not sure if I hurt the motor or it there's some kind of seal that's failed. The motor sounds fine, but I'm still worried that I killed a ring.

Any idea's on where to start with that...overflow or whatever it is? Not looking forward to going into the motor.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
You guys are far smarter then me about all this but I wanted to say this about the oil temp. I noticed on my 06 800 that when I do a oild change the temps drops by at least 20 degree or more. So during this heatwave for anyone else I recommend a oil change. I rode a hour steady on the interstate in 104 degree weather and it only got up to 205. Just a little info during this shitty weather. But I'm a firm believer a fresh oil change keeps the temps down.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.