Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...thanks to all for the informative threads I've found here.

I'm about to purchase a new 749. I'm looking for some advice as to what discount I could expect (if any) off of MSRP? There are two dealers in the area, and both have bikes in stock. I prefer one delaer over the other, and I'm not into playing them off each other forever...so I just want some idea of what a reasonable discount is etc.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
929 Posts
msrp is $13999, so $12,999 would be a great deal, but remember every dealer charges different fees for setup and freight !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
out the door cost

Okay, so....what's a reasonable "total out the door" cost to be shooting for here? Are freight and set up just other words for "profit" ? :)

thanks...just have no clue here and I'm looking to get a fair deal!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Freight gets charged to the dealer when the bike is dropped at their door. Set-up is for the service department to take it out of the box and install the various components removed for packaging, then test the bike for proper operation. The justify the set-up charge by way of, they would be working on a service customers bike instead of your new bike and getting paid to do the service work. In most dealerships the service and sales departments are run as seperate entities both being responsible for productivity or prophet/loss

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don'y pay more than MSRP out the door. Whatever you do, do not let them convince you they can not do it. A friend just got his for $200 under MSRP ... and he got a $100 service coupon.

How they apply the sale price internally (fees, charges, etc) is not your problem. You give them $### and they go figure it out.

Cheers,

Serge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts