Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh well, I really do not want to do it but since my Benelli is not selling yet I need to list my baby for sale.

2005 749R with 4K miles. Never been crashed. I traded my 1098 for it hoping that I would become track day regular. This was over a year ago and I have done two track days so far. The bike really pleases my eye sitting inside my store, but I think I need to give it up to somebody who is going to use it. Not to mention the need for $$, I want to expand my inventory.

This bike was converted to track bike at 2800 miles. So it has about 12-14 track days under it's belt, all without a hiccup. This is not beat to death ex race bike. Stock parts are not included. Keep in mind that all the pictures you see were taken before the track day so the tires are now scrubbed in.

I do not think there is better track bike. The second you hit your first apex, you will know that this is what 749R was designed for. It's mostly stock with the addition of some track specific mods:

Woodcraft Clipons
Woodcraft Clutch cover with the slider
Woodcraft Rear Sets
Speedy Moto under fairing frame sliders
520 Chain Conversion
Carbon Composites Track Bodywork
Race harness (stock harness is still installed)

Since it's all stock besides the mods above, the reliability record is 100%. Suspension is set up for 170-185 lbs rider.

Of course you can throw another 10K at the bike but the reality is that in it's current form it's already better than 99% of us. Spend your hard earned $$ on track education instead.

Good: The bike is in perfect mechanical shape. 6K service completed at 4K. Motorex oil before last track day. Needs absolutely nothing. I have red key and factory manual.

Bad: Bodywork looks great, however the pant is from Pep Boys so do not expect great durability. The nose is covered with clear tape to prevent rock chips and it works. Just thought I would mention it before someone expects that the paintwork was done in a body shop. One Dzuz fastener missing. Some rock chips on swingarm (have been touched up). One fin broken on carbon finer countershaft sprocket cover.

Ugly: The fact that I need to sell it.

Like I mentioned above, I will take $10K for it. Getting R6 track prepped will cost you more.

You can send me PM here, e-mail to motodisiac (at) gmail . com or simply call 323 496 4413. Located in Marina Del Rey, CA. Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Only if the bike had a full system...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Will one of you west coasters buy this bike so I can stop drooling over it.:D

Although I'm trying to get up the nerve to buy it without seeing it in person.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have several ducati.ms forum members that can vouch for this bike. The greatest thing about R bikes is virtual lack of depreciation, they will never cost 5K.

Dennis

Will one of you west coasters buy this bike so I can stop drooling over it.:D

Although I'm trying to get up the nerve to buy it without seeing it in person.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For some reason I cannot edit my original post, but the bike sold a long time ago. I'm still with Ducati though, and do not plan on going anywhere :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts