Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to core my stock exhausts. This post isn't a question of how/why or anything pertaining to the exhaust - rather it is a question about the fuel system.

My bike already runs lean bone stock. The vertical cylinder looks the leanest when reading the plug, which is to be expected given its orientation and hotter operating temps. I know these bikes come lean from the factory because of the EPA....my question is how lean?

I want to core my exhausts for a little more exhaust note - I only plan to "half core" them, and really what it boils down to is whether or not the stock ECU will do alright. Now that I'm at the point of needing a new air filter, I'm thinking about getting a non-paper filter as well (with the stock air box). Is this going to lean the hell out of the motor and cause a melt down? Anyone done/running this set up now with luck? I suppose I could get a dynojet module, I'm just cheap when it comes to my commuter bike (besides, will pipes/ecu really wake this bike up anyhow?)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm wanting to core my stock exhausts. This post isn't a question of how/why or anything pertaining to the exhaust - rather it is a question about the fuel system.

My bike already runs lean bone stock. The vertical cylinder looks the leanest when reading the plug, which is to be expected given its orientation and hotter operating temps. I know these bikes come lean from the factory because of the EPA....my question is how lean?

I want to core my exhausts for a little more exhaust note - I only plan to "half core" them, and really what it boils down to is whether or not the stock ECU will do alright. Now that I'm at the point of needing a new air filter, I'm thinking about getting a non-paper filter as well (with the stock air box). Is this going to lean the hell out of the motor and cause a melt down? Anyone done/running this set up now with luck? I suppose I could get a dynojet module, I'm just cheap when it comes to my commuter bike (besides, will pipes/ecu really wake this bike up anyhow?)
for 620..ecu will be ok, i run hi mount termis and when i got em... had to 'retrimm' the engine, so, yes, you might want to have your dealer/shop, make a bit more richer but not over 24 in the trimm...why half core instead of an aftermarket slip ons?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply......but to clarify, you're telling me the dealer can "reflash" my ECU/readjust fuel spray with the stock ECU?

I ask because my dealer told me that no, they couldn't - said I needed an aftermarket ECU.

And, on the half core instead of aftermarket slip-ons.....the reason I'm going that route is I only want more noise. It's a commuting bike, and i'd rather not drop 500+ on an aftermarket exhaust when that $ would be much better spent on suspension (or my other bike all together).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts