Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

'04 SS 1000DS lower fairing & exhaust heat

1315 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  ducvet
I've been busy with work stuff and haven't had a chance to ride in over a month. Today I opened up the garage door and pulled out all the bikes and started them just so they could get a little "exercise," basically I started them up to and let them idle in the cold temps. I let the bikes idle for close to ten minutes then went out to shut 'em down and that's when I looked down and noticed just how close the exhaust pipes are to the lower rear portions of the fairing. There's a small opening on both sides and on my bike I happened to notice that the lower left side opening seems a bit too close to the pipe.

Upon closer inspection is seemed okay and wasn't hot to the touch but when compared to the right side it just look right. I've searched the interwebs for pics of this area and all such pics do not resemble my bike, i.e., the fairing is too close to the pipe and seems a tad warped. I need to take a pic and post it. In the meantime does anyone here have feedback regarding high heat situations where the fairing warped??:confused:
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Also make sure your header from the front is properly seated all the way INTO the header from the rear.

Loosen the bolt\screw on the rear a little, then get a helper to grab both downpipes and pull them upwards (helper will sort of need to lie over seat with one arm hanging down on each side of bike) while you tighten the bolt/screw.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.