Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 749 that will be a track only bike and have a few questions...

If I remove the canister filter do I just run the hoses from each intake manifold to one hose and route it to the ground? Is there a problem with doing this?

Also, what else can be removed without jeopardizing functionality. I have removed the tail lights and wiring (except the wiring plug from the wiring harness that goes to the battery mount) and some other odds an ends. This is my first Ducati and the first bike I have prepped for track days only. Previously I had just taped up my street bike and went at it.

Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Do not leave those hoses from the intakes open. You'll lean out the mixture because you'll be drawing raw air into the intake track. Either remove them and plug the nipples on the intake or do this. Leave the hoses run down to the side where the canister was. Plug them and secure them so they don't flop around. Why, they can be used as vacuum points to attach a set of mercury sticks or gauges for balancing the throttle bodies without having to tear apart half the bike to hook the gauges up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mirrors are gone and race fairing on the way. I already have the Ducati fairing stay and have replaced the stock wiring harness with the slimmed down one that came with the stay.

B_Cebrian thanks! I didn't know... leaving them to the side is a good idea.

What about the connections that are no longer needed such as the rear tail light and the side stand connections? Just wrap the ends in electrical tape to keep out moisture and secure them to the frame out of the way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.