Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DID SEARCH! I searched a lot and nearly everything that came up was for a 748.

I am looking to go from Biposto to monoposto on my 04 749. I have gathered that the pieces needed are:
- Mono subframe
- Tail section - comprised of two pieces - a forward plastic and a rear cowl.

What I cannot find answers to are:
- Will my biposto front seat (rider's seat) still work with the monoposto subframe? Or will I need a mono seat also?
- If the answer to above is no, will I just be able to slap the mono tail section on the biposto subframe thereby retaining the front seat as well as ECU mount point? If so, what sort of spacers/washers/fabbing is necessary if at all?

Thanks much, please bear with me!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the ECU: the ECU on the 749 shouldn't be under the seat...

As far as the rider's seat they are the same...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the ECU: the ECU on the 749 shouldn't be under the seat...

As far as the rider's seat they are the same...
Thanks for clarifying on the seat.

The threads on the 748 were pointing out that the ECU is mounted on the rear subframe and the mono frame has a different/incompatible mount point compared to the biposto frame.

Maybe this isn't an issue for the 749?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Thanks for clarifying on the seat.

The threads on the 748 were pointing out that the ECU is mounted on the rear subframe and the mono frame has a different/incompatible mount point compared to the biposto frame.

Maybe this isn't an issue for the 749?
Oh, now I see where you're coming from: the 749 is different. There is really nothing in the tail section. The ECU is behind the battery box.

My 999 was originally a Monoposto, then I converted it to a Biposto but since my wife doesn't like to ride passenger on it (I really don't blame her, that's why I'm looking into a Multistrada) and it was a very simple bolt on procedure.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dude, now it depends what do you understand by MONOPOSTO.

a REAL monoposto is this:

meanwhile an 'sort' of monoposto can be this:

if you want a REAL monoposto then you need another SUBFRAME and also another seat + tail fairing

the other option.. you just remove the passenger seat and put there a cowl.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

a REAL monoposto is this:

if you want a REAL monoposto then you need another SUBFRAME and also another seat + tail fairing

Can you confirm that I can just remove the passenger seat and replace the biposto tail with a monoposto tail? That means the mono tail section will just bolt straight up to a biposto frame? From a cost and ease of reversal perspective, that would be the ideal option, if that was an option.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can bolt on the monoposta tail section to a biposta subframe, however the subframe will protrude out the back by about 1 inch...
You are a good man! Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!

·
Registered
516 Posts

what seat cowl is that on the 999, looks sweet!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In case anyone is curious, I did the mono tail on a biposto subframe. It is doable. Here is the outcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will swap with you my 03 749 monoposto.

I am looking to make the opposite conversion to my yellow mono 03 749s. Let me know if you are interested or if you've already gathered the parts individually. -chiefMarchesini

1 - 14 of 14 Posts