Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started with no action at lever, noticed reservoir was empty. Filled, bled but very large friction zone. Went for 3 hr. ride anyway. Got home and removed slave, leaked when lever was pulled. Ordered Oberon unit, no biggie (tried dealer, offer cylinder and rod kit for $250 cad.) Read recommendations to check throwout bearing. Bike only has 15k kms but okay I'll have a look. All but one clutch spring bolt stripped out like made of butter. This was using brand new 4mm. hex socket. Thought I could cut groove and use manual impact screwdriver to crack bolts. Instead cracked mounting boss right out of clutch drum. Drilled out the rest of the stripped bolts, pretty deep into bosses, pretty much all farked. Found ebay replacement for $89 usd, will get back from vacation in time to hopefully find in mailbox. Btw, bearing was in great shape but I installed new just out of spite. I hope ducati has since learned to use anti- seize (see also:my ride height adjuster rod!) Love this bike though.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts