Infact I still havent registerd it ~~

Thing is I found this trade in deal with brand new 2009 r1

shall I go for it ???????

I dont have to pay asything ~

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I say take it for a test ride and decide from there.

Is the 999s your only duc? If not I say go for it, the new R1 seems like a terrific bike.
yes it is the only ducati I have ~~~ yeah ~!! like you said I should definitly

go for a test ride~!! since I need to know how much R1 is different from 999s

~If its my only Ducati , shall I not go for it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I wouldn't or I'd trade in for another Ducati but do what you feel man.
That R1 seems solid . .

it's all you right there man..

Hey ~~ Thanks for the input~! I see you have both ~!! wow ~!!!

I want to keep my 999 but I also want r1 as well ~ So One of them has to

go ~~ thats why I am having a trouble ~!

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
the new R1 with the crossplane motor is pretty darn cool.
personally, i don't think i'd swap my 999 for one but if i could afford it, i'd seriously consider picking up the R1 as it's stable-mate

·
Registered
55 Posts
have you ever owned an inline? they ride a bit differently from a v-twin. i've owned two gsx-r 06' and 07', and loved both of them. i've also ridden an 08 yamaha. not the 09' R1, but its by far the best inline you can get (in my opinion). but... and this is a big but. I absolutely love my 749, and would NEVER go back to an inline if i couldnt keep my ducati in the garage as well. when it comes down to it. I would have to say the Ducati takes it. good luck on your choice. ultimately you will be happy with either. but its apples to oranges if you ask me. inline vs. v-twin.?.?.? which one you like and want more.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
R1

For street use in the northeast an R1 is alot of bike. Always more fun to ride a slow bike fast etc. However the bling factor of a new R1 :D

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
Alright, here is the deal.

The R1 is arguably a more powerful, 'possibly' more capable bike than a 999S. However, there is zero passion. If you're out for max power/capability, than maybe the R1. Maybe.

However, I'm the type of guy that would rather have a Ferrari 308 than a new Mustang GT500. The 999S has about 20 rwhp less than the R1, but the handling is on par, and the 999S just trumps the R1 when it comes to riding experience with passion.

Before you jump ship, you need to ride one. It will be fast and sound great and all, but at the end of the day I think the Ducati will still make you smile more when you open that garage door.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The R1 is arguably a more powerful, 'possibly' more capable bike than a 999S. However, there is zero passion. If you're out for max power/capability, than maybe the R1. Maybe.

However, I'm the type of guy that would rather have a Ferrari 308 than a new Mustang GT500. The 999S has about 20 rwhp less than the R1, but the handling is on par, and the 999S just trumps the R1 when it comes to riding experience with passion.

Before you jump ship, you need to ride one. It will be fast and sound great and all, but at the end of the day I think the Ducati will still make you smile more when you open that garage door.

Hey thank you so much for the advice ~!!! I will definitely keep this in mind ~
I am going to decide it after a test ride at the dealer on friday ~~!!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't or I'd trade in for another Ducati but do what you feel man.
That R1 seems solid . .

it's all you right there man..

Hey Lan.. were you the guy at Pahrump a couple months ago?
Have a 1098 and the 09 white R1?
Pulled on a trailer behind an SUV?

Sorry to thread jack..

I say do it BTW.. that new 09 R1 is the sex in performance, but man it's fugly (track form?)

·
Registered
406 Posts

+1

I considered the '09 R1. . .very nice. But as Mospeada says, there is nothing like the Italian's ownership passion. . .especially with the older Ducs. I bought a 998 instead of the '09 R1. In a year or two, the new R1 will be passe. While the older Ducs continue to become more of a classic.

It boils down to what you want at the moment. . .right now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
here is the deal my friend, bikes can do alot of things and the truth is, we all suck ass, some more some less. But you (WE) will mostlikely not feel the new engine on the R1 unless you are bagging out the readline coming out of a turn on the race track.

Said that, I would wait till 2010-2011 for any liter japanese bike. Yamaha started something new and it will take another 2-3 years before is stable and complete. Kawasaki is chasing it and so will suzuki...honda is too busy making ABS brakes on their 600s :D .... keep your 999s and wait..there is a reason why the dealer will do a clean swap between the two bikes ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
If it is mostly for street, keep the Ducati. It is no fun riding around a 180hp superbike at 25-30% all day...and if you're riding the 09 R1 at 100% on the street, you shouldn't even be owning a motorcycle.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it is mostly for street, keep the Ducati. It is no fun riding around a 180hp superbike at 25-30% all day...and if you're riding the 09 R1 at 100% on the street, you shouldn't even be owning a motorcycle.
Thank you for the advice ~~ I do use my bike for street purpose ~ about

100 % of the time ~!! ^^ Like you said maybe it is pointless going for

r1 which I am going to use it for street use ~!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think that is a wise decision. The linear power delivery of a modest amount of tq/hp is much more fun on the street. Even the modern Japanese I4 600s are not very fun on the street because once you reach the powerband, you are already in felony range. It's just not fun to ride a 4 banger around at 20% all day. I much prefer riding twins at 70% and having 10x as much fun.

·
Registered
144 Posts
check the r1 forums, because I thought i read that there were some issue's. (Common for any first model run..) is the deal through a private party or dealership?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Why do you keep using those symbols randomly when you type? I find them very confusing. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts