Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ~~~

I got a problem with securing the rear seat ~ My bike is 03 999s biposto !

When ever I open the rear seat cover ~ It will not stay locked ~!!

If I rev the bike up to 7000 rpm ~ because of the vibration the rear seat

pops back open ~!!!! What do I need to do?????

I trid to raise the Lock with washers , still same ~!!

I cannot ride my bike ~~ worrying it might fly off when I am doing 60mph ~

HELP PLEASE ~!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
quick fix

Theres a black adjustment sleeve under the seat. Its connected to the key tumbler, then to the release. You can turn the adjustment in and out to help fix your problem. If this doesnt do it, post a pic of the release. Then i can see if theres something else.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had the same problem with my '03 749 and the above adjustment fixed it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Theres a black adjustment sleeve under the seat. Its connected to the key tumbler, then to the release. You can turn the adjustment in and out to help fix your problem. If this doesnt do it, post a pic of the release. Then i can see if theres something else.
O~~~ God ~!! Finally I got some help `!!!

How do you turn the thing ~!! I know what you are talking about ~!

As you turn that thing you are talking about ~! It tightens up and loosens it ~!

Right ??? right now its very tight ~!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
The adjustment should move back and forth. Its the same as the adjustment on your throttle tube, without the use of tools. You did say it was tight, so back it off so that its loose. keep working with it you'll get it.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Not too loose, or your key-release won't have enough range to release it at all!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check the cable at the lock also. This happened to me and the cable wasn't set in it's place.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check the cable at the lock also. This happened to me and the cable wasn't set in it's place.

How can i tell , if its placed wrong???? Also can you explain little more

about the "cable at the lock " part~!!!:p

Also where did you get your dark smoked screen ??? Man !! thats one sick

looking screen~!!!:crazy:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The adjustment should move back and forth. Its the same as the adjustment on your throttle tube, without the use of tools. You did say it was tight, so back it off so that its loose. keep working with it you'll get it.
As I back it off ~ the little teeth that holds the seat ~ moves outward~

Only living a vary small contact surface ~!!! I;ll post some photos later on ~!!

Man ~ this thing is driving me crazy ~!!!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
turn the key while looking at the assembly.the lock ''wire'' should go from just off centre (in the hole)to where you can't see it in the hole.its a pretty simple deal,the post has a slot that wire fits in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts