Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has already happened and when it got its last service it came back as good as new,but it has slowly got harder to find neutral even when rolling up to a stop.Is there anything I can do or is this another $ to spend ,not that I mind spending money on my baby.Only had this 999 for 6 months and had a 05 s2r800 which I still have(cant part with it)it is not ridden much as 999 is such a great ride Iam not really worthy but thats not the point so any help or pointers to previous threads would be great

·
Registered
410 Posts
I know that my 748S had this problem and I was told that sometimes you will want to extend the clutch lever all the way out if it's not already. I had set my Pazzos very low (like 1 or 2) so that it was closer and easier to grab. I couldn't find neutral at stops for the life of me!

I came here, searched and found that I should try putting it all the way out at setting 5 and that did the trick!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Try putting the levers on a higher setting like SuicideHz did. If that doesn't work out for you.... When was the last time you changed the clutch fluid? I had the same problem with my bike. Took about a hour to fix.
Check the 2 clutch line fittings to make sure there tight. You can bleed the lines to check for air bubbles. If the clutch fluid is brown/ black colors you might want to change it out completely. Then just bleed the system just like you would the brakes. Don't use a vacuum bleeded during this step, do it the old fashion way with pumping the lever / hold / bleed / pump / hold / bleed. Repeat this until you notice a difference in the clutch pull. Don't forget to bleed the master cylinder too.

I've even left a zip-tie on overnight, around the lever and handle bar to get the rest of the air out.
Also Take the slave cylinder off the engine and grease the clutch rod.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will try that,I have new clutch and brake resovier covers to fit so will replace fluid then, I think I will replace the master slave as well at the very least it will look better

·
Registered
116 Posts
For more info check out this thread from a few days ago:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=66590

I was also finding it harder to find neutral recently. I tied the lever back overnight, and the next day popped the reservoir covers off, and purged a bunch of bubbles out the bleeder. The lever now feels stiff at first pull and neutral is easily engaged. Seems like this will need to be done regularly until refreshing with new fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts