Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to replace the clip ons on my duc. is there any special tools that i may need? i was looking at it and it doesn't look all that hard , but i did have a concern of when i take off the tripple clamp that the shocks would become unsteady and hit the gas tank. is this a concern? should i use a chunk of wood?

thanks in advance
-chad

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Once you have all the allen screws loosened, sometimes, just a little effort is needed to pull the triple clamp off.

Other times, you may need a rubber mallet to tap it off...

And yet other times, you will need to wiggle the entire front end by pushing back and forth on the wheel to get that triple clamp off (you will need a second person for this).

You might also need to fiddle around with the right side clip-on to take it off: the brake line will give you just barely enough slack to slide it off the fork tube. The left side is usually ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.