Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after 2 years of stock suspension i pull the trigger:
Andreani fork cartridge and du321 shock.
I weight only 60kg in riding gear.

The fork cart come with 8.3Nm springs
The stock lenght was wrong and so i have to short it?
Even lowering the oil level from 120 to 135mm there is about 30/35mm of true unused stroke (rider sag is 40mm)
The low speed damping is little pogoing (underdamped) but i cant damp it more because it is already harsh on high speed.

The shocks take 2 month and half to come with 100Nm spring.
It is a good improovement on high speed damping (square edge bumps) but is harsh on all other condition and i can use only half of the stroke ?? (even with spring preload reduced from 17 to 11mm to have 35mm of rider sag and rebound from 14 to 19 click)

I need some help please....

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
i really don't know with someone as light as you are, but i'd be looking at a fork spring in the 0.75 range, and even lower the fork oil a bit more. but i think the spring rate would be the bigger issue there.

rear shock i'd be going for a 75 spring, or even a 70, if it's a one up only bike. winding the rebound adj out may make it worse, maybe it needs more rebound?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
At front the lightest available is 7.8Nm that is suggested for 50 to 60kg.
The oil don't seem to have too much effect

At rear the stock spring is 78Nm but is unbalanced to the front. I am thinking to try 90 or 95Nm but i don't know how many step i can change without the need to revalve.

Also for the fork compression is 18 x 0.15 16 x 0.15, 14 x 0.15
I can try removing the 14x0.15 shim?

The rebound is already soft at low speed, set to 1 turn out.

Edit: i tried some different setting on shock rebound, but is always harsh on road irregularity

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
I asked Andreani about the setting of the shocks.
They say that is correct for my weight but also sent me a 90Nm spring to correct the sag numbers.
It come with a defect on the paint(see the pics)
Now i have to paint the missing part (dont want to wait to send it back an wait another spring)
After that i will try it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts