Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I recently picked up a 2002 Ducati 900SS; basically it was too good of a deal to pass up ... gotta love end of season craigslist sales.

This is my first Ducati, I've owned, ridden, and maintained inexpensive Japanese bikes for the last 10 years.

Here's a few pics of the Duc and its current stable mates..

With my 2008 Kawi Versys

Below in order: 02' 900SS, 71' Honda 350, 08' Kawi Versys 650, 91' Honda 250 "Cafe" project

This winter I'll be replacing the tires, belts, and adjusting the valves.

I have already measured the clearances and found that the rear cylinder exhaust valve is very tight ... like I couldn't get my smallest feeler gauge in there, tight.
(Maybe this wasn't such an amazing deal... >:) haha)

I look forward to learning from this site, and it's members, as well as adding my own experiences as I proceed.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,886 Posts
Giant ant cowboy. Is that a giant ant that's a cowboy or a giant person that's an ant cowboy? I'm confused. :confused:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giant ant cowboy. Is that a giant ant that's a cowboy or a giant person that's an ant cowboy? I'm confused. :confused:
Neither actually... haha

Here's my vision.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's a sharp looking bike! Love the color scheme.

I have had my '03 SS 800 for a few month now and have been having a lot of fun working on it. New tires, fluids and a belt change so far. The valve adjustment is the next project!

Anyway, good luck and hope you have fun with it!

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,886 Posts
Ah, a Bukowski fan. Hank Chinaski is a favorite of mine. Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a Honda 360 or 350?

(I had a CB360T back in the day)
Its a 72' CB350; Old Hondas are the best. Just pure motorcycle fun.

I see you have a KLR, those are great. I have a KLE (Versys) which -now that I sorted out some issues- is awesome! I use it for a city/commuter bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts