Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. :)

As the title states, for monoposto.

The current seat I have has a tendency to jam my manhood against the tank. Although quite tantalizing at times, it gets to be rather uncomfortable.

I have looked at Corbin and Sargent.

Any feedback for either, or perhaps another manufacturer all-together?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I have the Sargent and not only is it more comfortable but it is thicker at the front so helps prevent what you're describing.

Only downside is that it sits you higher on the bike which might make you stretch to touch the ground.

With mine there was an offer to try it and return it if I didn't like it.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
I have the Sargent and not only is it more comfortable but it is thicker at the front so helps prevent what you're describing.

Only downside is that it sits you higher on the bike which might make you stretch to touch the ground.

With mine there was an offer to try it and return it if I didn't like it.
I wasn't going to comment about aftermarket monoposto seats, because I run the original one, but I did buy a Sargent one for the biposto seat unit I have, which is the one that I tour with. It sounds like its the same result. So my 5 cents worth is.

It is also thicker at the front as you describe. Reaching the ground isn't a problem for me anyway, but what did feel strange was the reach to the bars. It felt like they were down near the front axle. I had to go ask very nicely, if himself could dig out the high-rise clips on and could we please put them on for me to try.

The result with the high-rise clip ons was good, felt the same as standard seat and standard clip-ons, but boy did I cop some ribbing from him, about getting old and it hurting me, etc. Note I hated the bike with the high-rise clips on it and a standard seat - too upright.

The funny thing was that he said the bike with the sargent seat unit on it and the standard clipons was hideous and he couldn't ride it like that either. He was also a bit tippy-toe on it as has short legs.

So that's my 5 cents worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts