Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a leak on one of my external braided oil lines at the right front of the engine. There are two green o-rings in the fitting. Anyone know where to get replacements?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
The oil cooler lines are not something to take lightly , a leak can pump a lot of oil all over your tires causing a crash. I have seen this happen so I don't take chances with trying to save money here. Buy oem to get the right part and given the design you have I would buy a pack of spares so you never have to wait on a dealer. If you install them correctly and are not removing them often they do not fail on their own. Due to the small size they are easy to damage on install so take your time and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got some of those 88650151a's on order. Thanks belter. While I'm waiting, standard teflon water pipe tape is in place and the leak is gone. Skeptics should consider the melting point of teflon aka PTFE is 620.6 degrees fahrenheit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Teflon tape stringers and bits clogging small orifices and oil galleys create major havoc to oil supply. Customer thought it was safe to bandaid. then engine blew. Took Hours to find and remove (won't dissolve ). Replaced cooler as a precaution . Not saying this will happen to you, but it has happened.

·
Registered
607 Posts
people who do repairs like the teflon tape I love those guys---I make lots of money on people like that. I still have a sigh on my shop wall -it says--I'm sorry but I just cant fix Stupid---in reality I can it just costs lots of $$$$

·
Registered
607 Posts
I've got some of those 88650151a's on order. Thanks belter. While I'm waiting, standard teflon water pipe tape is in place and the leak is gone. Skeptics should consider the melting point of teflon aka PTFE is 620.6 degrees fahrenheit.
Tom I am not hammering on you really, what I said is basically a general statement, we poor souls that own or work in shops are the people that see this kind of thing all the time, bike owners that band-aid things thinking that--- Oh Hell This Will Work--What could possibly go wrong? ---then when it goes wrong thats when we get to see them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts