Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. On the way back home today my clutch reservoir emptied itself out, NOOOooo. I don't immediately see any leaks, so perhaps all the fluid is inside and around some old o-rings. But while I'm over on that side of the bike is there anything else I should do besides look at the other side and inspect/replace worn out things?

Thank you

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, looking up I'm only finding rebuild kits on ebay from Gothamcycles. I guess I'll see when I get it all apart tomorrow.

I'm trying to keep the bike more or less period correct, so didn't want to get an Oberon clutch slave really.....although nobody would balk when I go to pass her on I don't think. I guess Oberon is the flavor of choice these days when it comes to clutch slaves?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
the 01> slave is not rebuildable. you can't buy seals for them afaik, and you need to make a tool to get the plug out.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 01> slave is not rebuildable. you can't buy seals for them afaik, and you need to make a tool to get the plug out.
Awh shit, thanks for the tip Wanker, nice name hahah. Ok well fuck it, the bike had been sitting before I bought it, and I was gonna at least inspect/clean/rebuild the entire clutch pack anyways. But over the past few months the clutch went from dodgy in it's engagement to silky smooth, so that work got delayed.

I'll add a slave to my order then I guess, and once I take a look at the pack side, maybe I'll need to order even more.

Thanks for all the tips, this will be my biggest Ducati repair EVER. IF they weren't so damn reliable maybe I'd get to work on them more!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts