Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front brake lever has about an inch of travel before it engages... then I have not much room from no braking to full braking, maybe 1/2 inch... I bled the front brakes... any thoughts? Is this normal on this bike? Thanks...

·
Registered
857 Posts
no, it's not normal... I had the same problem at the end of the trackday yesterday. It's all about bleeding it right, I suck at it, don't know about you :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about bleeding the master cylinder? I've yet to do that... could that be an issue? Can air get trapped in there?

Mike

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
Bleed it a couple of times. I bleed from the bottom pushing the oil up and out that way any air will rise up to the lever/reservoir. Air trapped in a line will resist the flow if you bleed from the top to the bottom. Also remove the lever from the clipon and position the lever so that the highest spot is the reservoir.
You may notice that the bolt that holds the banjo fitting will be the highest point on the lever when it is mounted on the clipon. Some folks will break that bolt loose and bleed air out there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I bled from the master cylinder and there was air in there so that was the problem! I used the regular bleed valve and that cleared the air! Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts