Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, still at it folks. Thanks for all the help so far.

I have found two other possible purchases but would like to have some more sage advice.

The first is an 02 748 with 13k miles. Owner says all service work has been performed when scheduled. Yes, I'll check for receipts/records. It also has a Pwr Cmd with Termi slipons. Asking $5k and is quoting NADA.

The second one is an 04 749s with 127 miles. Yes, one hundred twenty seven. Asking price is $2480. That's all I presently know about this one.

I lean towards the 02 as there is more information and I believe reasonable mileage for it. Plus the big services have been done (supposedly).
The 749s is tempting but it isn't even broken in yet. I would indeed get more info on this thing.

Thoughts and advice greatly welcomed.

Thanks all,

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
The 749 sounds like a craigslist scam unless its a salvage titled bike...

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The 748 is priced slightly on the high side; watch out for future maintenance issues. The 749s sounds too good to be true; although if you had the means to verify it's condition and legitimacy, could be an absolute steal

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 748 is priced slightly on the high side; watch out for future maintenance issues. The 749s sounds too good to be true; although if you had the means to verify it's condition and legitimacy, could be an absolute steal
I've been hearing that although this one is a few hundred dollars lower than another one I was looking at with MUCH less mileage.
I would ask about rocker flaking, replaced hoses etc. I would think with 13k miles the major issues would be behind it. No? What the other future maintenance issues be?

Yes, the 749 does sound too good to be true. I would indeed verify condition and legitimacy.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
if the 749 was legit its gone .nobodys going to sell any superbike with 127 miles for $3,000

·
Registered
127 Posts
+1 on the scam.
That bikes been on Craigslist Houston a number of times, no ones touching that bike. Contact info is [email protected], sounds bogus too.

Tell them you'll meet them or get the info - where it's located, phone number, etc. and p.m. me. I'll follow up.

I was thinking of flagging this but I didn't even bother.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Your 749S is not on Craigslist anymore.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your 749S is not on Craigslist anymore.
Yeah, noticed that. The reply I got from my inquiry about the bike stated that the person had moved to Canada after a divorce, single mother, two kids, needs the money, will ship, yadda yadda. So, end of that story.
Thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts