Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<4k miles
Complete MotoCorse kit (exhaust, carbs, tank, etc.)
Factory ½ fairing
Custom tri-color paint
4-pad calipers
Marchesini forged Mg wheels
Brembo radial master cylinders (forged, both sides)
Enlarged rear storage area

$10k OBO. Bike is located in north Alabama (35971)
e-mail twsds at farmerstel dot com

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Oh, I want I want I want I want! I love this bike! Wish I wasn't in the middle building a bike that is already way over budget. I'll keep my eye on it though... maybe it will be around when I replinish my bike playtime fund.

·
Registered
301 Posts
still for sale?

I'm willing to shave my hairy legs, put on a skirt, put balloons under the shirt and find the 'busy' corners in South Dallas

·
Registered
191 Posts
This bike is now mine and back up for sale. Just need the funds.
Located in MD and will be at NJMP Monday August 16th. $10K OBO
desmocourtney at yahoo .com THX!

·
Registered
59 Posts
DB4ie in France with Bimota Group gotta see this one

No DB4's for me. :sleep:

Been through DB1's (too fragile)......and SB3's (insane frame, but motor with no soul)..... finally came upon what I've been looking for......:D

Picasa Web Albums - Mike Cecchini
Saw this is youtube under rencontre bimota 2009 must be a year 2000
never seen this anywhere in those years I do think this is quite the challenge for the older less sophisticated DB2 Doesnt look like you would talk fragile anything with that frame and swing arm let alone sections of the bodywork come off seperately, not one piece like the the DB2. Look at the fancy rims, sleek tail design over the DB2's bulky butt. Things do advance its obvious. Would like to find one of these to buy especially if its fuel injected. What a slick package the DB4ie is. Dont ever see them for sale even in the German for sale site (mobile.de )someone is holding on tight to them (looks like a piece of aircraft machining art with that aircraft aluminum frame linked so nicely with the swingarm)
If anyone knows about this model, drop me a PM or if one is for sale want that yellow one with the yellow (B)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm someone who's loved the DB's since a friend had a new DB1 which he raced, and ultimately crashed and burned (literally) when still quite new. I was mesmerized by a new DB2 Tricolore at Bob Smith's shop in '95, but couldn't 'pull the trigger'. Then, at the NYC Cycle World show in 2000, I put down a deposit on a new DB4, and several days later, got cold feet and withdrew the deposit. I finally will be a DB owner when I complete the transaction with Courtney. Although I prefer the trellis frame of the DB2 over the aluminum of the DB4, other aspects made the '4' the more compelling choice. The underseat exhaust of the '2' is dated in 2010, whereas in '95 it was, along with he 916, groundbreaking, and very cool. The prospect of damaging the one piece fairing is scary, as well as removing it for maintenance. The DB4 that I'm purchasing, with the Moto Corse Kit and forged magnesium wheels, distinctive custom paint work and half fairing was a bike that I couldn't resist. Mike C's DB2 is truly stunning in the red & wht. livery, but I'm comfortable with my choice. Moreover, from what I hear, the DB4, from a functional standpoint, is the better of the two.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Damn I want one of these...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've posted many times about how much I love my DB4 w/ Corse kit. On my Longacre scales it weighs 357 lbs with an empty tank....and that's with the stock heavy wheels.

Along with the higher HP that the Corse kit brings, the TriColore has an Ohlin shock that the FI models don't come with. Just FYI.

·
Registered
59 Posts
DB4ie rear shock

I've posted many times about how much I love my DB4 w/ Corse kit. On my Longacre scales it weighs 357 lbs with an empty tank....and that's with the stock heavy wheels.

Along with the higher HP that the Corse kit brings, the TriColore has an Ohlin shock that the FI models don't come with. Just FYI.
Who makes that FG fully adjustable rear shock on the DB4ie
I believe thats what comes on it
Dont really believe its much different in performance than the Ohlins anyway
especially just on the street

·
Registered
220 Posts
DB4 For Sale

Regretfully, I am putting this DB4 up for sale. I purchased it in Oct. of last year, blinded by my passion of lusting after a DB for many years. Unfortunately, I didn't look closely enough at my financial situation and I must let it go. I put about 150 miles on it, and it's magnificent. This DB4 has 2 sets of bodywork, rare Marchesini forged magnesium wheels and perfect OEM wheels and exhaust, original carbs, fuel tank and more. I'm asking $9500 for the whole package, and can sell the bike with the original body work and wheels, w/new BT016's for $7K. The odometer currently reads 3721.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Jesus, how do I miss this bike everytime it goes up for sale! Sent a pm 5 min after the post went up and never got a response. Did someone really respond in less than 5 min?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts