Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
The problem is, as with any of the 'zero mile' bikes, they lose their supposed 'value' once you put on the first mile. Plus sitting around for all those years, no matter how well 'preserved' most of the gaskets, etc will have to be replaced and the whole bike rebuilt if you ever want to ride it.

I consider a motorcycle or a vintage car something to use, not to worship. Unless we are talking about a former GP bike that one cannot get parts for or rebuild (my dream bike would be one of the handful of Honda 5 cyl 125 GP racers with the 50,000rpm power peak and the 25 speed gearbox, okay perhaps the revs were a bit lower and it didn't have that many gears, but it was a five that would go pretty close to 30,000 revs before it let go, and was built back when you could still lust after Bardot) then ride it.

All of my bikes get ridden, including the DB1 and the perfect 68 Velo Thruxton. I see nothing of interest in a zero miles DB1.

My opinion only and YMMV. Dave

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
17,893 Posts

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
that's true, the db1, the ugliest bike of all times, nobody ever liked it,
it had no meaning for the devellopment of bikes in general, those
italians must be blind, how could they come up with something like that ??

:cool:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I never did like that bike. I'm sure if I rode it I'd fall in love but damn, it looks like an Italian jelly bean with wheels!
Beauty lies in the eye, or mouth, of the beholder (referring to individual taste.) I find the DB1 a thing of beauty, others such as you may not. And yes, it DID start the trend for fully enclosed body work which Honda picked up on so successfully in their later sport bikes as did others. And yes, it did save Bimota's bacon after the Tesi debacle. And yes, it still rides and handles better than a lot of modern sport bikes.

So if I politely suggest you are a Philistine, please do not take offense. You are entitled to your opinion regardless of whether I think you are wrong -- and I surely do! Dave

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
man, i am looking at those db1 pics for decades, this must be one of
the prettiest bikes ever, i am in love with that paint scheme soo much.

:think: :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts