Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s, 09 GT 1000
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all after half hearted search on line , thought it better idea to ask riders that would know … is there any chance at all of me finding a centre stand for new to me unused GT 1000 …. Just got it broke down to start into major service and realized a centre stand would be major improvement for this old man, thanks for any and all current info!
Craig
99CA2482-C906-4F8F-9C40-42486073E2B5.jpeg
99CA2482-C906-4F8F-9C40-42486073E2B5.jpeg
D44BCA86-1967-4239-A98A-67A360644554.jpeg

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The centre stand is indispensible (to me) not only does it make working on the bike easy, but I use it whenever I park, so that I don't risk ruining the thread in the crankcase that the side-stand bolts into. As for finding one...... Probably not possible now unless you get lucky and find one gathering dust on a dealer's shelf somewhere, but how you would find it I don't know. Maybe put out some wanted ads and keep an eye out on eBay.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s, 09 GT 1000
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks !!! Yes a centre is really important feature for me as well , sold my Griso to buy this GT … the MG also was without and was a bear to work on in my small shed , if I had suffered on road breakdown , would have had to call for pickup , not always possible here in NS as spotty cell coverage out of populated areas … going to keep looking ….
Not sure if this is cool but , the Norton at bottom is for sale as well on accessnorton forum and Canadian Kijiji …. hope it okay to mention here ….

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
a pitbull is your friend.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s, 09 GT 1000
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be great ! Thanks for going the extra mile ….

·
Registered
964 Posts
That would be great ! Thanks for going the extra mile ….
I found it and unfortunately it was just recently sold on eBay. I will put the link but you might not want to look at it. It sold for $50.

I just looked at the details and it looks like this would not have fit your GT. It was off a Paul Smart. From the description.
"This center stand only fits Monoposto bikes: PS1000LE, Sport1000, Sport1000S". I don't think it fits the Biposto Gt1000."

Ducati Sportclassic Center Stand Kit | eBay

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s, 09 GT 1000
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much ! My search continues … sooner or later I will locate one , doubtful for price shown though …

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I wonder how the biposto stand differs from the GT stand? Apparently, the stands from the Sport Touring bikes are almost the same, with just minor differences, so it may be worth getting one if it is cheap enough and modifying it to fit. Definitely the mounting points are the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts