Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Was wondering what will happen if I just unplug the exhaust valve? Could I just unscrew the flap inside the exhaust? Advice please, thanks! Oh, why? Well, just want the bike to sound like a man bike so no rev control sound there for me sir! 馃お

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophomore Member
The bike will throw the exhaust valve error code and light up the check engine light. There are products you can plug in to trick the bike. If you are going to unplug it, might as well remove the motor and cables to drop a pou

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The bike will throw the exhaust valve error code and light up the check engine light. There are products you can plug in to trick the bike. If you are going to unplug it, might as well remove the motor and cables to drop a pou

Thanks will start today! Thanks

Excel Addict
Not wishing to seem like doom and disaster, but sometimes if something is disconnected, the ECU will go into a "safe" mode and performance may be worse.

I think I have an XDF and bin file for your model, so will check if the exhaust valve can be disabled in the bin/map file.
If it can be, then it should not throw the error code and check engine light and possibly consequences.

Before I start looking, is your bike stock or open airbox, free flowing exhaust etc.?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Not wishing to seem like doom and disaster, but sometimes if something is disconnected, the ECU will go into a "safe" mode and performance may be worse.

I think I have an XDF and bin file for your model, so will check if the exhaust valve can be disabled in the bin/map file.

If it can be, then it should not throw the error code and check engine light and possibly consequences.

Before I start looking, is your bike stock or open airbox, free flowing exhaust etc.?

Thank you! Everything oem, no mods :(

Excel Addict
Thank you! Everything oem, no mods :(

This is a 2008 stock bin and I used Tunerpro to set the Exhaust Valve flag to Off.

Also this is the XDF I used to do that. With that file, after downloading remove the .pdf so it it an XDF

You will need the cables and I use and recommend Lonelec to connect to the ECU so you can firstly read the existing bin file (30 minutes) then save it somewhere really safe.
After that you can write the attached bin after downloading from here and removing the .txt so it is a bin file.

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-3pin-Interface-Cable

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
This is a 2008 stock bin and I used Tunerpro to set the Exhaust Valve flag to Off.

Also this is the XDF I used to do that. With that file, after downloading remove the .pdf so it it an XDF

You will need the cables and I use and recommend Lonelec to connect to the ECU so you can firstly read the existing bin file (30 minutes) then save it somewhere really safe.

After that you can write the attached bin after downloading from here and removing the .txt so it is a bin file.

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-3pin-Interface-Cable

OMG Really thank you! Will try to follow all steps carefully and get that tool! Thanks!

Excel Addict
OMG Really thank you! Will try to follow all steps carefully and get that tool! Thanks!

It is not guaranteed that the valve will actually be off.
It may be that it can been seen in the bin, but not changed in the bin, even though it looks like it is off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
It is not guaranteed that the valve will actually be off.

It may be that it can been seen in the bin, but not changed in the bin, even though it looks like it is off.

Best mod I have done to my hyper! Now it runs smoother, no backfires at all! Thank you all! SOLVED

Excel Addict
Best mod I have done to my hyper! Now it runs smoother, no backfires at all! Thank you all! SOLVED
So the bin I sent with the Exhaust Valve off actually did have the valve off?

Just interested to know (and gather information) about what does work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
So the bin I sent with the Exhaust Valve off actually did have the valve off?

Just interested to know (and gather information) about what does work.

Oh sorry, no did not try that since right now I don鈥檛 have the proper tools to flash the ecu, just removed the whole engine valve. And yes the yellow light of death is shining, but it runs really smooth will try your fix once I get my tool, promise! Cheers

Excel Addict
Oh sorry, no did not try that since right now I don鈥檛 have the proper tools to flash the ecu, just removed the whole engine valve. And yes the yellow light of death is shining, but it runs really smooth will try your fix once I get my tool, promise! Cheers
No worries.

Sometimes when "the yellow light of death is shining" the ECU "thinks" something is wrong and goes into a protective/safe mode so you may have resolved one thing, but introduced another thing elsewhere.

Great that you are pleased with the outcome of physical removal.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
No worries.

Sometimes when "the yellow light of death is shining" the ECU "thinks" something is wrong and goes into a protective/safe mode so you may have resolved one thing, but introduced another thing elsewhere.

Great that you are pleased with the outcome of physical removal.

If that happens, what can I do to rest it and at least make it home safe?

Excel Addict
*reset f*** autocorrect
I have seen worse/funnier autocorrect.

If it does happen, you may have felt it during your first ride.
If you did not reach say high rpm and tp, the you may not have experienced it.
"Reset" would be reinstalled the valve to make the light go away.

On a mate's ER6N 650 we had about 89/90 RWHP without a FI light.
Something happened to the setting of a secondary butteryfly eliminator and the FI light came on and the bike was like it was back to learner legal.
I.e. the ECU sensed something was not right and went into a limp/not max power mode.

Registered
If you need a hand I maybe able to help. I'm no Punch but I have spent a little inside the Hyper's ECU.

I trust Punch changed the welcome message to read, "Punch is Ace" :)

t_bare

Excel Addict
If you need a hand I maybe able to help. I'm no Punch but I have spent a little inside the Hyper's ECU.

I trust Punch changed the welcome message to read, "Punch is Ace" :)

t_bare
Ok, then change your forum name from t_bare to Judy0:)

Registered
Ok, then change your forum name from t_bare to Judy0:)
The Dash Welcome Message...

cmejia1978: The 08 ECU is easy to manipulate and the XDF file works very well. But do be very careful and be certain of polarity when you connect power the the ODB2, you do not want to mix up +&-. I build a plug but still am in the habit of powering up the interface to be sure the led comes on before I plug into the ECU.

t_bare

Excel Addict
Buy this here (the one for your Hyper), plug it in as instructed and the ECU warning light disappears, no messing with your ECU. Works like a charm.
How funny, in my interest to answer questions about bin files, I totally forgot that "eliminators" can also do the trick.

Reminds me of when a kettle was not working and I readied myself to strip it down, only to thankfully find that someone had switched it off at the power point!

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts