the Australian/Queensland laws just get stupid - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2009, 2:08 pm Thread Starter

Sh!t I pity you mob in finland

Sh!t I pity you mob in finland

If they had that here in Australia the roads would be empty
your taxis drives must be the rich there !.

everybody here has a few sharpies after work not get blind

far cry form our M8's in malaysia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2009, 3:23 pm

I hope something like that never happens here in Canada. Quite often I'll take my bike to lunch or dinner and have one drink with dinner then ride home.

Rather than making new laws, they should spend more time and effort enforcing the ones that actually matter. There are enough actual drunk drivers out there on the roads endangering people. They shouldn't have to worry about guys who've had one drink then ride home as well.

Cole
-2009 Monster 1100S - next on the list!
-2008 Hypermotard S (for sale)
-2008 848 (crashed by friend; sold for HMS)
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2009, 4:58 pm
Prolific Poster Award

Must be nice to live in Kelowna, ( I got a brother there ) Seems the "cops", Or the politicians who dictate to the cops which laws they should enforce here , "let" the street racers around Toronto go crazy till something bad happens, then they rush in a hammerfisted law .that affects the whole Province,
Then they impound a tuned up Honda Civic and have a press field day crushing the mini hot rod making front page news with some politicians looking like they are saving us all from the evils .

My brother said that the cops found a guy growing 300 pot plants on his property and they cut 290 down and left him with 10 growing and a warning NO CHARGES ... Must be nice to live in Kelowna

Bad decisions make for good stories
Take my Advice, I don't use it.
2011 Red Multistrada S Touring

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakdown View Post
I hope something like that never happens here in Canada. Quite often I'll take my bike to lunch or dinner and have one drink with dinner then ride home.

Rather than making new laws, they should spend more time and effort enforcing the ones that actually matter. There are enough actual drunk drivers out there on the roads endangering people. They shouldn't have to worry about guys who've had one drink then ride home as well.
I"m not getting the logic of some of the posts.... Yes it's zero tolerance, but if you leave you restaurant being cool and not doing wheelies, speeding, or weaving they don't have reason to pull you over. The one or two drinks mean nothing...no harm no foul so why worry... right? Ride cool and no one would know anything. Why be scared unless a cop is outside waiting for you. In that case freaking don't drink...

But if you start riding fast because you got your buzz on and are drawing attention to yourself then you will probably get pulled over...then I say don't blame the law blame yourself. Its just simple self responsibility and common sense...
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2009, 7:41 pm

Cool

Aaahhh, common sense. Works for some, has to be beaten into others. OK, wheelies are illegal everywhere. Dammit, the Pterdactyl likes to wheelie! So what's wrong with pulling her up on a stretch of road with no traffic? Oiy!

Do you drink on a trackday? How about the night before? I don't, but that's because it takes a big effort to find my keys in the morning! Time and wisdom change things.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigrav View Post
I"m not getting the logic of some of the posts.... Yes it's zero tolerance, but if you leave you restaurant being cool and not doing wheelies, speeding, or weaving they don't have reason to pull you over. The one or two drinks mean nothing...no harm no foul so why worry... right? Ride cool and no one would know anything. Why be scared unless a cop is outside waiting for you. In that case freaking don't drink...

But if you start riding fast because you got your buzz on and are drawing attention to yourself then you will probably get pulled over...then I say don't blame the law blame yourself. Its just simple self responsibility and common sense...
On the surface it doesnt appear too bad but legislation is a slippery slope. I think the main problem is some of the laws that are getting passed are a bit too Orwellian. We really dont need big brother in every aspect of our life. If you are riding sensible and have had 2 drinks you are really no danger to anyone but the police can charge you with it if so inclined under the zero tolerance rules. If you are riding like an ass odds are you have had more than a couple and should be stopped. As I said before, stupid causes alot more accidents than booze.
This is just another case of legislators doing something to give the appearance of looking out for public safety. They pick on motorcycles because we are a small enough group that they feel we can be easily defeated.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2009, 4:27 am
Prolific Poster Award

Antigrav You cannot legislate common sense and self responsibility...
Some fools are lacking on both...
Some people only have so much intelligence and will never elevate any higher...
If lacking common sense and self responsibility one should not be on the road, simple but enforcable?

You shouldn't paint everyone with the same brush,,,

Bad decisions make for good stories
Take my Advice, I don't use it.
2011 Red Multistrada S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode