Official: Hypermotard 950 Fender Eliminator Kits - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 8th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Garage
The carbon fiber / cnc aluminum tail tidy from trydeal is universal and will fit.
Its also a plate hide kit and tail tidy in one. Here is about what it would look like on a 950

~ I love my Ducati bikes 😊 ~

Last edited by Mydu; May 8th, 2019 at 2:10 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Clever indeed!

Mydu likes this.
Old May 15th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Update but no resolution yet. The NRC kit for the 939 is not plug and play for the 950 as the undertail is done differently on the 950 (noted in an earlier post by midnightmethane). I saw a couple of pics of a custom bracket made for this kit to adapt it to the 950 from a UK site, but at this point I am waiting. Because I just love to spend money I also ordered the Evotech kit for the 950. I may end up doing a mix and match, using the NRC kit for the turn signals and the Evotech kit for the attachment to the undertail, the plate holder, and the plate light. Won't know until I start doing it.

Bursig stand. Bursig was kind enough to send me an adapter for the 939 and this is also not plug and play. The top mount is the same as the 939, but the lower mount is different. I was able to use the 939 part if I added a 9mm spacer, but I can't see anything like that being suitable for a kit. Also at this point the stand does not quite get the front wheel off the ground. Close but no cigar. I have the 950 SP and the fork travel is a bit more than the 950 so that might be the difference. I sent Bursig pics so hopefully they can design something better for the 950. EDIT- Patrick from Bursig USA gave me adjustment advice to get the front tire off the ground and now both tires are off the ground. Just a minor adjustment.

Last edited by dflowerz; May 16th, 2019 at 9:32 am.

Old May 16th, 2019, 6:17 am

I'm looking at the moment to order a tail tidy from italo shop that fits with a full termi and european license plate. Still haven't decided wich of the 3. But will post some pictures when I have it
Old May 16th, 2019, 7:08 pm

I have the Evotech for my 939 and I think it looks really clean especially paired with Rizoma Action LED signals. Packing the wiring in was work as not much will fit under the tail tidy.
Old May 16th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflowerz View Post
Update but no resolution yet. The NRC kit for the 939 is not plug and play for the 950 as the undertail is done differently on the 950 (noted in an earlier post by midnightmethane). I saw a couple of pics of a custom bracket made for this kit to adapt it to the 950 from a UK site, but at this point I am waiting. Because I just love to spend money I also ordered the Evotech kit for the 950. I may end up doing a mix and match, using the NRC kit for the turn signals and the Evotech kit for the attachment to the undertail, the plate holder, and the plate light. Won't know until I start doing it.

Bursig stand. Bursig was kind enough to send me an adapter for the 939 and this is also not plug and play. The top mount is the same as the 939, but the lower mount is different. I was able to use the 939 part if I added a 9mm spacer, but I can't see anything like that being suitable for a kit. Also at this point the stand does not quite get the front wheel off the ground. Close but no cigar. I have the 950 SP and the fork travel is a bit more than the 950 so that might be the difference. I sent Bursig pics so hopefully they can design something better for the 950. EDIT- Patrick from Bursig USA gave me adjustment advice to get the front tire off the ground and now both tires are off the ground. Just a minor adjustment.
Can you cut up the stock mount to use the part with the three holes that mounts to the undertail & then mount the NRC to that? I almost did that with my 939’as I wanted to hide the wires but I ended up happy with wrapping them with electrical tape & zip tie get them behind the plate.
Old May 16th, 2019, 9:41 pm Thread Starter

I should have my Evotech Performance ail Tidy within the next few days. That's a clean enough option for me and I will pair it with the Ducati Performance LED turn signals. I think it will retain a clean factory look. I'll be sure to post some pictures after the install.
Old May 17th, 2019, 8:39 am

I am sure that you can cut the stock mount, but I want to keep the OEM part around so no cutting.
Old May 20th, 2019, 8:53 pm

OK I finished my NRC/Evotech frankenstein tail tidy. I was hoping to just use the Evotech, but with the full Termi there is no room for the right turn signal even with the smaller LED Ducati Signals. I used the NRC turn signal bar and drilled a couple of holes and bolted it to the top of the main Evotech mount. The OEM license plate light bolts nicely to the Evotech mount. So I used the NRC turn signal bar, the main Evotech mounting bracket, and the OEM license plate light which the Evotech mount is designed to use. The main issue was routing the wires so that the OEM under tail plastic cover would fit properly. I probably would not recommend going this route as it is pricey. Better to wait for NRC to come out with a kit for the 950. Anyway, my project came out looking pretty clean./Users/dflowers/Desktop/IMG_0557.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0556.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	943629   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0557.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	943631  

Last edited by dflowerz; May 21st, 2019 at 8:18 am.
Old May 21st, 2019, 1:09 am

Looks clean

I ordered the tail tidy from Italo SHop in Germany.
I mailed them before the three are the same, just other options for indicators.

1) Without indicator
2) For OEM indicators
3) With mini indicators

More pictures will follow when mounted :-)

Highsider tail tidy from Italo-shop mounted. See attached pictures.
Still need to do something with the signaling. The left one is getting a little bit hot. I can't mount the bar at the higest postion, it hits the termignoni..
I got the option where you can use the original signals to but don't realy like to use them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190522_093258.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	943723   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_074920.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	943797   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_074928.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	943799   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190522_220353.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	943801   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190522_093258.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	943803  

Last edited by Chuckracer; Aug 22nd, 2019 at 5:51 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in