Best place to sell wrecked 1100s - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2019, 7:52 am Thread Starter

Best place to sell wrecked 1100s

Hello, I have been contemplating selling my wrecked hyper either complete or just motor and dp ecu with various dp parts throughout. It is most certainly totalled and will refrain from posting pictures as this is not really a FS thread. I still have no access to the classifieds because of my lack of posts, and unsure if this type of request/thread is even allowed. But would be interested in some suggestions as eBay just doesn't appeal to me for a number of reasons. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2019, 7:56 am
Prolific Poster Award

You will be able to sell it all right here, I imagine, without much difficulty, as long as your prices are reasonable. Even faster if you sell cheap.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2019, 7:59 am
Just visiting your planet.

Garage
You could get the remaining few posts you need to gain access to the classifieds here and part it out. Or you could offer it to one of the jobbers that does that for a living if you're willing to take wholesale less shipping for what's worth salvaging on it.

2005 ST3
2003 749s

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2019, 8:41 am

I would also look into selling in the hyper Facebook groups as well as FB marketplace. People are quick to buy on FB. I have shared numerous posts (screen shot of other people selling)among the hyper forums to the FB hyper groups and many sold same day.

I was in the same boat as you when it came to the classifieds here vs the number of posts I have made. Even though we have been here a while, if you havnt made a certain amount of posts you cant sell/buy. I ended up commenting on others posts. I wasnt very helpful and dont feel as though I contributed to the group at that point but I had to hit the magic number.

There should be a time limit in addition to the the # of posts. Like, if you have been here a year but havnt hit the magic number you should be granted access. I was able to utilize the page the way it was intended so I didnt feel the need to start new conversations on the same subject posted in other posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 1:56 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc96cr View Post
You will be able to sell it all right here, I imagine, without much difficulty, as long as your prices are reasonable. Even faster if you sell cheap.
Not even sure what a reasonable price would be to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorik View Post
You could get the remaining few posts you need to gain access to the classifieds here and part it out. Or you could offer it to one of the jobbers that does that for a living if you're willing to take wholesale less shipping for what's worth salvaging on it.
Where can I find wholesale pricing? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by araitim View Post
I would also look into selling in the hyper Facebook groups as well as FB marketplace. People are quick to buy on FB. I have shared numerous posts (screen shot of other people selling)among the hyper forums to the FB hyper groups and many sold same day.

I was in the same boat as you when it came to the classifieds here vs the number of posts I have made. Even though we have been here a while, if you havnt made a certain amount of posts you cant sell/buy. I ended up commenting on others posts. I wasnt very helpful and dont feel as though I contributed to the group at that point but I had to hit the magic number.

There should be a time limit in addition to the the # of posts. Like, if you have been here a year but havnt hit the magic number you should be granted access. I was able to utilize the page the way it was intended so I didnt feel the need to start new conversations on the same subject posted in other posts.
There's a time. Limit and post limit. I believe you have to hit both.

Last edited by Chuckracer; Mar 2nd, 2019 at 2:08 pm.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 2:07 pm
Super Moderator

Garage
30 days/25 posts.

2011 KTM 990 SMT
2012 KTM 350 XCF-W
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 2:19 pm
Just visiting your planet.

Garage
Quote:
Beats me. The point is that you can expect less than retail for the item. The reseller has to add a markup.

2005 ST3
2003 749s
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 5:07 pm

Yes. My point is that I have have been part of the group for over a year and only posted when I thought I could be helpful. Part of the group for over a year and still couldnt participate in the classifieds area because most of the info I needed was found through searching as opposed to making new posts about the same thing.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2019, 1:19 am
Administrator

Garage
This site has been built on and maintained its good spirit with members not just by folks posting to be helpful or someone looking to find specific information, it is also about contributing and socializing with the community as a whole. Many of us enjoy the Chit Chat forum just to share experiences like we are sitting at a friendly lunch with each other. Others take a moment to post a ride or travel trip in the Ride Tales forum. Your interaction even if it is a joke or picture will make this a more valuable site for everyone.

On a side note, you can buy anything you want in the classifieds even with zero posts, you just send a PM to the person who has the product for sale.
Chuckracer and Yorik like this.

Scott
Sacramento CA

'03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW R1250GSA
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."

Last edited by scott; Mar 3rd, 2019 at 1:25 am.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2019, 4:59 am
tyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstockss View Post
Not even sure what a reasonable price would be to be honest.

There's a time. Limit and post limit. I believe you have to hit both.
I paid $900 for a wrecked 2008 Hypermotard 1100 S (and it wasn't wrecked that bad, to be honest...plus it already had a Full 2-1 Termi, DP ECU, open clutch cover, and some other goodies)

I would part the bike out, you won't get much for a wrecked bike that old these days, especially since it'll be a rebuilt title.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode