939 SP and tires - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2017, 8:48 am Thread Starter

939 SP and tires

Hey guys. I got a '17 939 SP in July and the rear tire is already pretty flat spotted. These tires are really overkill for the type of mixed riding I do. What are you guys using when you replace the stock softies? Was looking at the Michelin PP3. I haven't tracked it yet and won't be aside from maybe a few times a season. A lot of twisty back country though with a few longer straight line trips thrown in now and the what would you guys suggest?

Clarksville, TN
2017 Hyper 939 SP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2017, 6:38 pm

I have been successfully running Q3s for the past several years. On sale. I can get them for just over $200/set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2017, 7:40 am

Agreed that the Supercorsas are overkill unless you're at the track or only ride on the hairy edge. The new Dunlop Sportmax Q3+ will last you about 7,000 or more kms on the rear at moderate pace for mixed riding. Way less expensive than the Supercorsas and provide 90% of the performance. Hard to beat.

Chancemoto.com | 2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 | 2016 Hypermotard 939 SP | 2016 1299 Panigale

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2017, 8:48 am Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Was looking at the Q3 as well. I'll see if I can find a set on sale.

Clarksville, TN
2017 Hyper 939 SP
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2017, 8:57 am
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+

Garage
939 SP and tires

Honestly unless you ride primarily in the canyons/mountains the Q3 is also overkill. I hear the Q3+ is suppose to last longer than the Q3 but you still have to deal with the near slick tread in the wet.

For a really good all around tire look at the Bridgestone S21, Michelin Pilot POWER III, and the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III.

Right now the Rosso III is my favorite in that class. Iím getting awesome performance wet and dry and exceptional mileage for a sport tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike
2006 999, 2007 S2R1000
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2017, 10:49 am

Riding Pilot Road 4 on my 821 SP. Best year round street tire I have tried. Though new Road 5 is coming apparently. You can drag knee on these, and handle rain, dirt roads, wheelies, power slides, so on so forth. They will last much longer too. Been using Pilot Roads for street use on my GSXR, Tuono V4r and Hyper for years, only use hypersport rubber for track days.
t-bills likes this.

06 S4R Red w/Black
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2017, 9:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMan View Post
Honestly unless you ride primarily in the canyons/mountains the Q3 is also overkill. I hear the Q3+ is suppose to last longer than the Q3 but you still have to deal with the near slick tread in the wet.

For a really good all around tire look at the Bridgestone S21, Michelin Pilot POWER III, and the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III.

Right now the Rosso III is my favorite in that class. Iím getting awesome performance wet and dry and exceptional mileage for a sport tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
+1 on the Rosso III. Great tire, plenty of grip even for the occasional track day.

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2017, 1:15 pm

I have 14000 miles on my SP and have tried Pirelli Diablo Corse, Michelin Pilot Power 3 and Power 1( burned up quick and overkill) , and currently running dumlop Q3's.

I dont get good milage out of the pirellie's, The pilot 3's were awesome and I got descent milage out of a set, like 2000. I am really liking the Q3's, very stable.

If your looking for milage, try the pirelli angel GT's.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2017, 6:03 pm

I️ have Rosso IIs on my 939 non-SP. I️ like them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2017, 6:50 pm

Pireli Diablo Rosso III best for all occasion.

14 Hypermotard SP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode