939 SP and tires - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2017, 5:22 pm Thread Starter

I ride mostly canyon on the HM but unfortunately, a few longer rides on the interstate really put a hurting on the softer tires. I have almost 1800 on the supercorsa SP that it came with. The rear is done and I'll be looking at your suggestions. Thanks guys. A lot of good info here.

Clarksville, TN
2017 Hyper 939 SP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2017, 5:44 pm
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+

Garage
Iím telling you.... the Diablo Rosso III.

It must be the III. A huge improvement over previous versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike
2006 999, 2007 S2R1000, Ninja 400RR
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2017, 6:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKham View Post
Agreed that the Supercorsas are overkill unless you're at the track or only ride on the hairy edge. The new Dunlop Sportmax Q3+ will last you about 7,000 or more kms on the rear at moderate pace for mixed riding. Way less expensive than the Supercorsas and provide 90% of the performance. Hard to beat.
I totally agree although I do run the Supercorsa's.
DuckMan likes this.

2015 Hypermotard w/Termi full exhaust w/Duc up-map, Evotech tail tidy, Duc carbon windscreen & Speedy Moto sliders.

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2017, 6:42 am

Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V2

There are many pics of track tires around but these are purely from street riding. Do you think they are SOFT and STICKY on their edges? If street cornering is your thing, here's your DOT tire. They even warm up reasonably quick. The downside, of course, is price, poor wet performance and short life. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Supercorsa10.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	870201  
DuckMan likes this.

2015 Hypermotard w/Termi full exhaust w/Duc up-map, Evotech tail tidy, Duc carbon windscreen & Speedy Moto sliders.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2017, 8:15 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBaby View Post
There are many pics of track tires around but these are purely from street riding. Do you think they are SOFT and STICKY on their edges? If street cornering is your thing, here's your DOT tire. They even warm up reasonably quick. The downside, of course, is price, poor wet performance and short life. Cheers!
This is the truth. I personally run them as well and it's 4,000 kms to a rear. I can see why one might step "down" to a Q3 or maybe a DR3 if one was so inclined to commute or do light touring. I personally would never put a heavy, less sticky, higher mileage tire on there like a pilot road or an Angel GT. If you've gone as far as to shell out the extra $$$ for the SP with its lighter wheels and trick suspension, then why sabotage all that with sub-par rubber? My POV...to each their own.
DuckMan and Vtwinftw like this.

Chancemoto.com | 2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 | 2016 Hypermotard 939 SP | 2016 1299 Panigale
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2017, 11:18 am

Garage
I'm pleased with the performance of the Metzeler Sportec M7 RR I put on about 3000 miles ago. Good balance between all out performance and daily commute life. I'm probably 2/3s through the life of the rear with 100 highway/neighborhood commute miles during the week and 100-200 canyon type road spirited miles from weekends.

10 Hypermotard EVO SP
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Garage
After reading tons of reviews and checking out the tire in person, I recently installed a set of Michelin Power RS tires on my 14' SP. It has the 2ct Michelin compound so the centers are harder than the sides which should increase mileage on the street. Two days ago I did my first track day with them and they were perfectly at home all the way on the edge in both my wet and dry sessions. I can't speak for mileage yet since I only have about 600 miles on them but so far they aren't really showing any wear in the centers at all.

14' Hypermotard SP
14' Honda Grom
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 1:39 pm

Resurrecting this thread to discuss the 2019 Hypermotard tire choices.

The supercorsas that came with the 2019 SP are nice but are wearing out really quickly.

I was very satisfied with the Michelin Power RS tires on my Panigale, so I will be getting a set for the hyper as well.

After I run them, I will report back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tires Bike Bandit.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	939919  
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pard View Post
Resurrecting this thread to discuss the 2019 Hypermotard tire choices.

The supercorsas that came with the 2019 SP are nice but are wearing out really quickly.

I was very satisfied with the Michelin Power RS tires on my Panigale, so I will be getting a set for the hyper as well.

After I run them, I will report back.
One more thing to consider, the Michelin Power RS is the lighter tire at 13.6 pounds and the Supercorsa is 6% heavier at 14.4 pounds.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2019, 4:45 pm
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+

Garage
But the Pirelli front is 4.5% lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pard likes this.

Mike
2006 999, 2007 S2R1000, Ninja 400RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode