Official Thread: 1st Gen Air Cooled HM Chat - Page 6 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2014, 7:41 pm

I'm going on a year with my '08 1100s and I love it. I just did my belts and valves this winter as well as a Leo slipon and DP ECU. It is do much fun to ride and I love the sound of the uncorked 1100.

My paranoid self hears a rattle that seems to be coming from the front between 4k and 5k rpm's. Makes me think I made a couple opening shims too loose on the exhaust side, but the sound isn't there below or above that rpm range. Anyone else have this or is it all in my head? I've shook and bumped everything to try to find the source but have come up empty.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2014, 8:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
I would also like to see a build thread. I have yet to run mine at the track, but plan on it before the end of the season.
It is much easier to ride than my SBK on track, although not as fast. If you do it, I suggest setting your suspension up for it to your liking depending on your riding style and just enjoy it for what it is. I've had it on a few tracks and you can give 600 and liter bikes hell on most tracks.

If I did an actual build, I'd have to give the back story on the original mods and how the accident affected my choices but here's a little bit about it.

When bike was totaled, I assessed what it would realistically need and waited to see how much they wanted for it. It was a steal so I said sure. The bike had sliders everywhere so most of the damage was cosmetic. I knew at a minimum I would only need a dash, handlebar clamp, front and side fairings, harness (or repair harness) and possibly a frame if it was really f'ed. Forks ended up being ok. It's an '09 S so it has Kayaba forks which are rebuildable. It already had an Ohlins SS valve kit in it so I sent the forks off to be checked and had Ohlins springs put in for track use only. I had the shock rebuilt as well.

I figured I'd use this opportunity to start learning about data acquisition so instead of buying an OEM dash, I went aftermarket. The dash is now an AIM G Dash with EVO 4 Datalogger and Microtec ECU. I stripped a stock harness and completely rebuilt it into a custom harness with color coding for the data logging and factory connectors everywhere.

Originally I had the 6.4 gal tank with TPO velocity stacks and custom filter setup. I sold the tank after the accident (no more street riding) and went with the Corse Dynamics stacks instead.

I put it all back together to test it out and went down the street. Apparently that dent in the frame was as bad as I didn't want to think it was So stripped it all down to bare frame and am awaiting a new one. In the meantime, I'm gathering more parts and doing some "mild" motor work.

I'll try to start a build thread maybe next week if work ever slows down.
post #53 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 2014, 6:33 am

Hey mia748sp, good to hear you and the Hyper are on on the mend. An argument with a Suburban rarely ends well.

I hope you get the bike back on the track soon, at least you won't have to dodge SUVs out there.

Your old big tank is being used every day and now I don't have to stop all the time to look for gas. For me this has completely changed riding in remote areas. Love it, thanks again.

Trust me, I'm the Doctor.

post #54 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 2014, 10:48 am

Interesting thread. I had a black 1100s a couple of years ago and sold it for an RSV4 factory (which I still own and love - not getting rid of it) I got the opportunity for a second bike and went for another hyper (I shouldn't have gotten rid of the first one!) - this is the only bike in 25 years of riding that ive bought a second one of, well, almost - ive got an 1100evo now. Got it pretty well stock apart from a twin termi end can. Since ive got it its now got an open clutch all the stock fixings removed for either stainless or ti, ecu has been reflashed, clutch slave cylinder upgrade. Designed my own tail tidy which I think is far better than anything else out there and also in the middle of designing a new internal mudguard for it (when its done ill post some photos).

Please to drive....one of the things I like the most....childish I know but opening it up from a low gear at a slow speed and then watching the resevoir's on the handlebars trying to shake themselves off....brilliant.
post #55 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 2014, 10:58 am

Quote Designed my own tail tidy which I think is far better than anything else out there

Pictures please!
post #56 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Bump for 2 days of no posts
post #57 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Can't let this thread fall off the first page, we'll never see it again.

I'm gathering up all the junk I need for the 30,000 service. Should be all the usual stuff plus brake pads, clutch pack, battery and tires. Might have break down and finally get a proper exhaust system for the old girl.

I'll let you all know if anything strange turns up. So far the Hyper has been pretty good to me, considering I beat it like a rented mule.
PhilBoncer likes this.

Trust me, I'm the Doctor.
post #58 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2014, 10:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
Can't let this thread fall off the first page, we'll never see it again.

I'm gathering up all the junk I need for the 30,000 service. Should be all the usual stuff plus brake pads, clutch pack, battery and tires. Might have break down and finally get a proper exhaust system for the old girl.

I'll let you all know if anything strange turns up. So far the Hyper has been pretty good to me, considering I beat it like a rented mule.
I'm about to hit that service, i'm curious to see how my shims spec out. The bike has been amazing!
post #59 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2014, 2:13 am

Does any one know who makes those single piece rear tail sections? to replace the tail light and side carbon panels. Looking for one without the light for track use.

2012 Hyper 1100 Evo SP Corse
post #60 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2014, 3:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo86 View Post
Does any one know who makes those single piece rear tail sections? to replace the tail light and side carbon panels. Looking for one without the light for track use.

Google "Desmo challenge tail" and click on the eBay link . It's says "item has ended" but seller still makes them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode