Official Thread: 1st Gen Air Cooled HM Chat - Page 150 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1491 of 1549 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2019, 1:37 pm

Selling the handguards? ... I'm looking for a spare set...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1492 of 1549 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2019, 6:42 am

My HYM has usb socket installed, but the cap has failed so it`s not waterproof anymore. I thought changing it while doing other maintenance. Current usb socket is connected to connector on the right side of bike where the fuses,ecu etc are. Does anybody know is that connector OEM or has it been installed afterwards ? And if it`s OEM is it always on power or only when key is on position?

I should have tested the socket before disassembling. Now i don`t know is it always on electric or only when key is on Everything that drains battery when not driving is bad.

That small plastic box is usb socket transformer or something.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connector.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	418.9 KB
ID:	940607  

Last edited by Vklnuppi; Apr 13th, 2019 at 1:20 pm.
post #1493 of 1549 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2019, 9:27 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vklnuppi View Post
My HYM has usb socket installed, but the cap has failed so it`s not waterproof anymore. I thought changing it while doing other maintenance. Current usb socket is connected to connector on the right side of bike where the fuses,ecu etc are. Does anybody know is that connector OEM or has it been installed afterwards ? And if it`s OEM is it always on power or only when key is on position?

I should have tested the socket before disassembling. Now i don`t know is it always on electric or only when key is on Everything that drains battery is bad when not driving is bad.

That small plastic box is usb socket transformer or something.

Thank you.
I have the same connector so it should be OEM. Dont know if it is a switched output though.
Vklnuppi likes this.

Hypermotard 1100, 2008

post #1494 of 1549 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampsource View Post
I have the same connector so it should be OEM. Dont know if it is a switched output though.
Thanks. It has only two cables and obviously gives 12+ and ground and can be used connecting usb socket to it but can`t say is it "always on"

I`ll test it later if i remember. Should have tried it before disassembling, my bad.

I wonder which accessory is it meant originally.

post #1495 of 1549 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2019, 8:16 pm Thread Starter
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan

Holy smokes but I finally found one of these little guys. Been searching for one of these well into last year. Finally found one from a member on another site. Now off to get it coated black.

complexCarlo and egomexico like this.

'10 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP l Termignoni 2-1 Full Exhaust l Reflashed ECU l PC-5 l Custom Dyno Tune l Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks l UNI Pod Foam Air Filters l Remote Crankcase & Idle Air K&N Filters l DP Skid Plate l 1098 SFS Clutch Cover l Corse Dynamics Oil Fill & Drain Plugs l Speedymoto Frame & Axle Sliders l DP Reservoir Covers l DP Racing Seat l Antigravity Battery l 190/55 Rear l
post #1496 of 1549 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 7:09 am

Garage
What is it ?

Hypermotard 1100, 2008
post #1497 of 1549 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 11:03 am Thread Starter
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampsource View Post
What is it ?
It's one of those Rizoma oil hose guards as pictured below. Unfortunately, like many aftermarket parts for these bikes now, they're no longer offered and all the online shops I checked that still listed them on their site didn't have any left either.

'10 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP l Termignoni 2-1 Full Exhaust l Reflashed ECU l PC-5 l Custom Dyno Tune l Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks l UNI Pod Foam Air Filters l Remote Crankcase & Idle Air K&N Filters l DP Skid Plate l 1098 SFS Clutch Cover l Corse Dynamics Oil Fill & Drain Plugs l Speedymoto Frame & Axle Sliders l DP Reservoir Covers l DP Racing Seat l Antigravity Battery l 190/55 Rear l

Last edited by Austen; Apr 19th, 2019 at 11:09 am.
post #1498 of 1549 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 3:00 pm

Garage
Hi all,

I've searched far and wide through the forum and couldn't seem to find a direct answer -

I scored a barely used Termi 2-1 full system off ebay for next to nothing. Problem is - it doesn't come with a fender eliminator/tail tidy. Does anyone know of a decent eliminator that will work with the full termi's or where to buy the splash guard?

I also need to know if the system needs new gaskets as the instructions don't mention anything about gaskets and the springs seem to be all that hold it together. Thank you all in advance for your consideration and help!

I have a ton more questions but am scouring the forum first before asking.
post #1499 of 1549 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 3:23 pm

Would be helpful if we knew what bike you are on Put it in your signature to make it easier. As far as gaskets, no, just the springs but use a sealant at each joint or you WILL get exhaust leaks and some popping. By "complete" I am assuming the Race ECU is present?
Bobcat Sig likes this.

2010 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP.
post #1500 of 1549 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 4:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfysofa View Post
Selling the handguards? ... I'm looking for a spare set...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Aren't we all?

As of now, no, I'm not looking to sell. They are going to remain as my spare set while I find alternate options to don't look horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austen View Post
It's one of those Rizoma oil hose guards as pictured below. Unfortunately, like many aftermarket parts for these bikes now, they're no longer offered and all the online shops I checked that still listed them on their site didn't have any left either.

I had one of those on my MTS 1100S. Nice piece of kit. I wish those were still made as I'd definitely add that to my Hyper 1100.

899 Panigale | '12 MTS 1200 Pikes Peak #26 | '15 Hypermotard SP | '16 Tuono Factory // Past: K6 GSX-R, '08 MTS 1100 S, SF 848, '76 KZ900, '07 Speed Triple, CBR 929rr, '99 CBR F4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode