Official Thread: 1st Gen Air Cooled HM Chat - Page 111 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1101 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2018, 9:25 pm Thread Starter
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janky59 View Post
After months of fence sitting I trailered home a new to me black 2011 1100 EVO today. Some of you guys will recognize it, I bought it from fellow forum member RobBotes1. I spent a weekend on a friends' 2012 796 Hyper last summer that gave me an itch that just wouldn't go away. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather to get some seat time on this beast - what a beautiful machine!

Wonderful! A big congratulations!! Black is definitely the more uncommon color for these bikes. That's great you even picked it up from another forum member too.

Keep us posted!

'10 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP l Termignoni 2-1 Full Exhaust l Reflashed ECU l PC-5 l Custom Dyno Tune l Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks l UNI Pod Foam Air Filters l Remote Crankcase & Idle Air K&N Filters l DP Skid Plate l 1098 SFS Clutch Cover l Corse Dynamics Oil Fill & Drain Plugs l Speedymoto Frame & Axle Sliders l DP Reservoir Covers l DP Racing Seat l Antigravity Battery l 190/55 Rear l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1102 of 1534 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janky59 View Post
After months of fence sitting I trailered home a new to me black 2011 1100 EVO today. Some of you guys will recognize it, I bought it from fellow forum member RobBotes1. I spent a weekend on a friends' 2012 796 Hyper last summer that gave me an itch that just wouldn't go away. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather to get some seat time on this beast - what a beautiful machine!
I was watching that bike as well, just curious to see how fast it would sell. The HM1100 Evos are great bikes, I picked mine up used as well and have loved every second on it.
complexCarlo likes this.

2016 Monster 821 | 2011 Hypermotard 1100 Evo SP
post #1103 of 1534 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 7:25 am

Garage
Full Termi system (single can) for under $500. Can looks nice, headers need to polishing to say the least.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173127295006?ul_noapp=true
Austen likes this.

2010 Hyper 796 w/ dual shorty Arrows, Rapidbike Evo & MWR Intake, 2004 XR250R, 2008 CRF150R-SM, 2005 TTR88SMR

post #1104 of 1534 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 9:25 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperJB View Post
Full Termi system (single can) for under $500. Can looks nice, headers need to polishing to say the least.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173127295006?ul_noapp=true
Nice find! It’s amazing the 2-1 Termignoni system costed nearly $3k back in the day.

Could have these pipes ceramic coated and it’d almost be like a new system again.
complexCarlo and HyperJB like this.

'10 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP l Termignoni 2-1 Full Exhaust l Reflashed ECU l PC-5 l Custom Dyno Tune l Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks l UNI Pod Foam Air Filters l Remote Crankcase & Idle Air K&N Filters l DP Skid Plate l 1098 SFS Clutch Cover l Corse Dynamics Oil Fill & Drain Plugs l Speedymoto Frame & Axle Sliders l DP Reservoir Covers l DP Racing Seat l Antigravity Battery l 190/55 Rear l
post #1105 of 1534 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 9:29 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austen View Post
Nice find! Itís amazing the 2-1 Termignoni system costed nearly $3k back in the day.

Could have these pipes ceramic coated and itíd almost be like a new system again.
That's exactly what I was thinkin!
Austen likes this.

2010 Hyper 796 w/ dual shorty Arrows, Rapidbike Evo & MWR Intake, 2004 XR250R, 2008 CRF150R-SM, 2005 TTR88SMR
post #1106 of 1534 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 10:16 am
Tightly Clenched...

Garage
Quote:
Nice find! Itís amazing the 2-1 Termignoni system costed nearly $3k back in the day.

Could have these pipes ceramic coated and itíd almost be like a new system again.
They actually look like they may have already been coated with something, they're dark/black all the way to the can, and the tip seems coated black too. I managed to grab a full system late last year after buying an Aviacompositi tail section, the other aftermarket 2-into-1 I bought just wouldn't work with it. It also came with the DP ECU, which was luck on luck as these systems seem rare as hen's teeth these days.

Austen and complexCarlo like this.

post #1107 of 1534 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Garage
OOOOOOoooo looky what just came in! Should let the little hyper breathe a little better. Hopefully I can just throw it in and rapid bike will adjust fueling accordingly. We shall see!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3316.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	937.9 KB
ID:	890849  
Austen and egomexico like this.

post #1108 of 1534 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 2:20 pm
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan

Garage
Quote:

This is what I plan for my system when I get back. It'll match my forks, sub-frame, and belly pan

2010 Hypermotard EVO SP
2012 Multistrada 1200s Touring
post #1109 of 1534 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Garage
Well I had a fun little afternoon. Got the MWR filter installed and everything buttoned up. Super easy install. Also had a rapid bike hardware update which I did.

I took a picture of my horizontal plug a few days ago. Bike had modded dp lid, bmc, full exhaust, rapid bike evo and had been professionally dyno tuned, but has always run lean. My guess is it just could never get enough air, even at idle.

Its raining pretty hard down here so I couldnt ride the bike, but I warmed it up in my garage. Im sure my neighbors were super happy lol. The bike seems to jump on the throttle much quicker. After about 15 mins of idle and reving every once in a while, I cut it off.

I then pulled the plug and WOW. Seems rapid bike already started to dial in more fuel as the plug now looks PURRRRRFECT. I am truly impressed with rapid bikes ability to self adjust in such a small amount of time. It will take about 100 miles of riding probably to get the full maps sorted.

Pretty stoked about not having to worry about the bike being lean anymore.

Now for the road test
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3347.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	891033   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3333.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	911.3 KB
ID:	891041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3348.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	891049  
Austen and JACKIE TREEHORN like this.

post #1110 of 1534 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2018, 7:08 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
They actually look like they may have already been coated with something, they're dark/black all the way to the can, and the tip seems coated black too.
I noticed that too. Looking at the pics gives me the impression they were likely sprayed with some high temp spray paint from a can which isn't a permanent solution, or acceptable on a Ducati. Good news is, it should reflect price to the buyer's benefit and you can always have them professionally ceramic coated and they'll look like new.

Quote:
I managed to grab a full system late last year after buying an Aviacompositi tail section, the other aftermarket 2-into-1 I bought just wouldn't work with it. It also came with the DP ECU, which was luck on luck as these systems seem rare as hen's teeth these days.
Nice! It's always been my favorite system for these bikes.

Quote:
Well I had a fun little afternoon. Got the MWR filter installed and everything buttoned up. Super easy install. Also had a rapid bike hardware update which I did.

I took a picture of my horizontal plug a few days ago. Bike had modded dp lid, bmc, full exhaust, rapid bike evo and had been professionally dyno tuned, but has always run lean. My guess is it just could never get enough air, even at idle.

Its raining pretty hard down here so I couldnt ride the bike, but I warmed it up in my garage. Im sure my neighbors were super happy lol. The bike seems to jump on the throttle much quicker. After about 15 mins of idle and reving every once in a while, I cut it off.

I then pulled the plug and WOW. Seems rapid bike already started to dial in more fuel as the plug now looks PURRRRRFECT. I am truly impressed with rapid bikes ability to self adjust in such a small amount of time. It will take about 100 miles of riding probably to get the full maps sorted.

Pretty stoked about not having to worry about the bike being lean anymore.

Now for the road test
Good job!
HyperJB likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode