Yesterday I bought a carbon headlight fairing for my Hyper 821 from my local dealer (Seacoast Ducati, Salem, NH). It didn't come with any directions, but I figured it wouldn't be too hard (and it wasn't).
These directions are essentially the same as what you'd do for a Hyperstrada windscreen install, just at the end you'd be installing a windshield instead of the fairing.
I learned after the fact that Pro Italia has the official directions here: Carbon Fairing install directions
Anyway, there's probably still some value in the pictures and steps I took, so I figured I'd post.
You need a 4mm allen wrench, a 3mm allen wrench, and a Torx T20 wrench. I recommend good lighting and/or a flashlight too so you can see under the dash cluster.
It took me about 40 minutes, but I went slow, took pics of everything, and mostly because I didn't have any directions, so I had to figure it out as I went along. I'd guess with this guide you could do it in 20 min. In other words, it's a 1 Corona job.
Let's get right to it
1. Remove the 2 screws (3mm allen) from the back of the front fairing. There is one on each side of the digital dash:
2. Underneath the "beak" of the bike, there are 2 more 3mm allen screws, remove them.
3. Once you remove those first 4 screws, the front fascia lifts off. It should looks like this:
4. This exposes 2, 4mm allen screws, remove these:
Now take your T20 Torx wrench, and remove the two screws at the corners of the headlight assembly.
5. Once you remove those two screws, the headlight assembly should tilt forward and come out. The power cable will still be attached, so don't pull it out too far. The headlight assembly is held in by 2 plastic posts that sit in 2 rubber lined mounts at the bottom of the assembly. It's snug, but not hard to remove. A little wiggling seemed to help too. Here are the 2 rubber mounts that the headlight sits in:
Here's how it looks at this point: