Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

New Question for Ducati Enthusiasts

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  injected 
#1 ·
Now that I have spent time here and listened to the chatter back and forth about the reliability of Ducati's, I have come to the conclusion that I just want one. Ducati's have character and have been on my wish list for years.

Here is my question. Do I wait for the Hypermotard? Or... Do I buy a Monster? I love both and cannot decide. Wait for the HM? Or go for a Monster - tried and True.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Rick

#2 ·
Ducnewby said:
Now that I have spent time here and listened to the chatter back and forth about the reliability of Ducati's, I have come to the conclusion that I just want one. Ducati's have character and have been on my wish list for years.

Here is my question. Do I wait for the Hypermotard? Or... Do I buy a Monster? I love both and cannot decide. Wait for the HM? Or go for a Monster - tried and True.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Rick
Kind of a tough question to answer .... I'd say ride them both, and decide what you like, but I guess you can't really ride the HM yet. So go ride a Monster, and see how you feel.

#3 ·
ozmanyyy said:
Kind of a tough question to answer .... I'd say ride them both, and decide what you like, but I guess you can't really ride the HM yet. So go ride a Monster, and see how you feel.

If he goes and rides one, he'll ride it home. Get the monster now and worry about getting the HM as your second bike when it comes out.

#5 ·
I am leaning towards the purchase of a Monster. Don't want to waste the entire summer of riding waiting for a bike that may or may not arrive. I am on the List for the HM. I will probably keep it that way. When it comes in, beg and plead with the wife to get a second bike!!!

#7 ·
What's the pricing like in the US? Over here, the Monster S4R price is half way between the HM and the HM'S' - now to me the S4R is a LOT more bike for your money than a Hypermotard - I mean I like the HM looks too, but under the skin it's really a Multistrada with 100cc more oomph.If I was in your shoes I'd get the S4R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.