Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

What did you do to or on your Tard today?

637K views 4K replies 582 participants last post by  Nadg 
#1 · (Edited)
The Dicks over on the Multistrada forum have this thread going. I enjoy it, but all they seem to enjoy doing is complain about their rear brakes and how their key doesn't work if they have an i-phone. I always enjoy this particular thread over there, so let's get this one cranking and show those guys how we truly enjoy our Tards. For all you Multistrada owners who have Tards, you have to admit there aren't as many whiners over here.
We had 5 inches of snow last night, I looked at mine in the garage today.

#3 ·
I have been riding for 3 day straight it has been sunny, high 60s with a cool breeze. Enjoying the new springs, 10w fork oil, MWR filter and fresh new Auto tune map that I installed Friday. I love this bike and the sound now.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#1,901 ·
Drank 4 here

Nothing worse then going to the garage to find your tire flat. I had that this morning. I have a 2011 EVO, with the stock Pirelli Diablo Rosso. I'm trying to find recommendations for a replacement. Didn't see a thread. What are you thinking? And if you go new on back, do you have to go new front?

#7 ·
I installed Outerwares prefilters. Removed the exhaust system prepping for my Bursi headers to show up. Removed the flywheel and sent it out to Ducshop. Hopefully it will be back together for the spring time, the DRZ SM feels so underpowered now.

#820 ·
You're going to love this mod. It will absolutely transform both the handling (especially the handling) but also the way the engine revs freely and delivers power. Most incredible bang for the buck I can imagine. While you're paying for shipping, order their air-intake system to remove the airbox... Another very noticeable mod for relatively little money. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#9 ·
I haven't seen mine in over a week :( Just ordered some axle sliders from T-Rex Racing yesterday though.I was just reading this thread in the Muti section and thinking how we should have one. Good call Willie!

#10 ·
Installed a seat heater, and worked on stepping up the rear of the seat a few inches so when my wife rides with me she can see over my big melon and look forward instead of being forced to look left or right or into the back of my helmet. Hope it works and looks good. when I'm done with the foam work I've got a gripper seat cover I'll be installing. fingers crossed. Oh yeah I also spent about ten minutes starring at it day dreaming of riding it.:)

#11 ·
I've only had her for just over two weeks now & are loving every minute. She a (new to me) 2011 Hyper 1100 EVO. Just got an open clutch cover & eagerly awaiting the pressure plate in the mail. Can't wait to stick them on & go for a run. Weather is getting better every day....Thursday's forecast is 64F & sunny....whooohoooo!!!!!!
Still need to post up some pics...will get that sorted once the clutch bits arrive.
I hope all you guys who are having shitty weather, get some spring relief real soon...nothing worse than staring at your baby & not being able to ride.:mad:

later, Rob

#26 ·
aarrghhh....couldn't help it, another bit on the way....ordrered a Shift Tech carbon hugger last night....I can see this baby emptying my bank acount in a hurry...lol...but hey she's definitely worth it...

#12 ·
Just got back from trailering it down to Paso Robles, Ca. with a few friends and tearing up the winery roads around there. Spent a day with my brother and friends in L.A. riding in the Santa Monica mountains North of Topanga Canyon. Drove back home to snow/rain/sleet. Damn I wish I was still down there!

New quick throttle goes on tomorrow, new 2 tooth larger rear sprocket and carrier ordered, and damn, I'm gonna need a new rear tire.

#18 ·
yEsterday rode it to work. We're in the 70s now at Sin City:) Today I'll walk past it because it's windy. Contemplating doing a quick throttle and HID soon. It does seem to have a long way to twist that thing, but I also look at it as another mechanism to keep my outa trouble.:cool:

#20 ·
played around trying to get the hang for wheelieing this thing the CBR and Multi wheelie way better.

#22 ·
I installed my shorty levers and removed the handguards / turn signals. Waiting on my new turn signals to come in the mail!

'02 Yamaha YZ250F

#23 ·
Almost recked it !!! Got new tire because of screw in the last one . And I was so excited to ride it I forgot to scuff up the new one a little and got down on it and went into a crazy fish tail and almost lost it ........then I changed my pants

#24 ·
........then I changed my pants
I went out and rode around tweaking my new map. 13.7 AFR is turning this bike into a beast. I have noticed that since I have put on the PC that 0-100% throttle at around 6500-7000 RPM makes a weird power surge almost like a jerk. So I am adding fuel to my 0% throttle and 6000-7000 RPM range to see if that fixes it. Who knows? (if anyone has heard this before give me a shout) .

#27 ·
I installed one of those Spider, "Clutch stabilizers" and I'm not sure if it's my imagination, or not, but it seems to have both smoothed out my clutch response a little & even quieted the clutch a bit? (Open clutch cover).
Anyone else have any similar experiences with these?