What did you do to or on your Tard today? - Page 293 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2921 of 2941 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 12:43 pm

Garage
Tail Tidy Install

Like many others, I was not pleased with the license plate/rear turn signal bracket. I'm not crazy about turning my plate sideways and mounting it under the seat, and deleting my turn signals, but I did want something cleaner, tighter, and less pronounced. The stock one looks like a wheelie bar.

I was skeptical of a lot of the ones that I saw, and some of the prices were just ridiculous. I found the Tail Tidy by R&G, and although the name of the product could use some work, it had good reviews, price was reasonable, so I pulled the trigger.

I would have done a full write up for this install, but 1) I don't think it would appeal to enough of an audience and 2) It was very, very easy. The instructions are just "ok", but it was very easy to figure out. Even more so if you're detail orientated. So a few short notes...

-Get masking tape and label the turn signals and the turn signal wires before and after the clips
-The only wires to cut are for the license plate, be careful cutting back the cloth tape to expose the wires for the new light
-Use some soap or WD40 and a soft screwdriver when you go to push the turn signals into the new bracket, it's a very, very tight fit

Pros: Very easy install, reasonable price, everything included in the kit, looks great
Cons: Small gap with the turn signal harness visible, the name of the product could use improvement

Before and after pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BEFORE.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	943685   Click image for larger version

Name:	AFTER.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	943687  
The Guvna and Pard like this.

Riding a bike is like an art. It's something you do because you feel something inside. -Valentino Rossi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2922 of 2941 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 12:51 pm

Garage
Objects in Mirror...

I will eventually change the OEM mirrors, but for now, I just couldn't resist these decals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4368.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	943689  

Riding a bike is like an art. It's something you do because you feel something inside. -Valentino Rossi
post #2923 of 2941 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 2:01 am

Not sure what took me so long but removed the passenger foot pegs and brackets. Also removed the dB killers on my exhaust. (Yesterday installed the S1 slipons from SC Project)

Mostly built custom 1098S, been piecing it together, bolt by bolt over the last 8 years

post #2924 of 2941 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 7:41 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstascent View Post
Not sure what took me so long but removed the passenger foot pegs and brackets. Also removed the dB killers on my exhaust. (Yesterday installed the S1 slipons from SC Project) [/IMG]
Thats a fine looking scooter right there
firstascent likes this.

2010 Hyper 796 w/ dual shorty Arrows, Rapidbike Evo & MWR Intake, 2004 XR250R, 2008 CRF150R-SM, 2005 TTR88SMR
post #2925 of 2941 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 10:16 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperJB View Post
Thats a fine looking scooter right there

Yeah shes ok. Haha, Im having a blast!

Mostly built custom 1098S, been piecing it together, bolt by bolt over the last 8 years
post #2926 of 2941 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 12:18 pm

Garage
Quote:
Yeah shes ok. Haha, Im having a blast!
Good! That's what these things are all about!

2010 Hyper 796 w/ dual shorty Arrows, Rapidbike Evo & MWR Intake, 2004 XR250R, 2008 CRF150R-SM, 2005 TTR88SMR
post #2927 of 2941 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperJB View Post
Good! That's what these things are all about!
it's crazy to think I never even looked at or considered a bike like this until a few months ago. Now I don't know what I'd do without it haha.

SO.MUCH.FUN!
HyperJB and Pard like this.

post #2928 of 2941 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 12:48 pm

Quote:
Not sure what took me so long but removed the passenger foot pegs and brackets. Also removed the dB killers on my exhaust. (Yesterday installed the S1 slipons from SC Project)

You have put together a sexy beast! Is there a cat converter below those two collector pipes? Does it seem really loud with the baffles out or are they just small baffles?
post #2929 of 2941 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 1:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus duc View Post
You have put together a sexy beast! Is there a cat converter below those two collector pipes? Does it seem really loud with the baffles out or are they just small baffles?
Thanks!! Yes factory cat is still there. Arrow makes a de-cat pipe for a little over $200 but it's not recommended without a proper tune. I'm considering it until SC makes a proper full system for these bikes.
It's pretty loud without the baffles even though the baffles were small. It's decently loud with the baffles! But man does it sound good!

post #2930 of 2941 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2019, 3:57 am

Quote:
The bike looks much better without the rear pegs and brackets (don't all bikes?) but I put mine back on thinking they are functional rear frame sliders. Without them, a drop or slide will damage the rear of the bike, fairings and exhaust likely.

I wish there was some rear frame slider available.
firstascent likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode