DIY: Multistrada 1200 Mid Pipe Install w/ Pictures - Page 4 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2011, 2:07 am

Centre stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkishexpress View Post
The bulge at the end is more of a resonator I would say. You can't take it off so not sure what you meant by the last part. It will fit any slip on that fits OEM exhaust pipe diameter.
Hi turkishexpress

Just wondering.... Can you fit the centre stand after the mid pipe upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2011, 11:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi rider View Post
Hi turkishexpress

Just wondering.... Can you fit the centre stand after the mid pipe upgrade?
yes, there is a notch and a small hole for a rubber "stopper" on the bottom of the mid pipe...

2013 Husqvarna TE449 (red/white)
2012 KTM 350 XCF (orange)
2011 Ducati MTS1200 ABS (red)
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2016, 5:18 pm

I got 2014 multi
I started doing install of LV but cant get the pipe to fit
spoke with LV they don't really know how is that possible
however I know this now
original female pipe is 5.50 cm LV is 5.40
I am thinking about stretching LV to 5.5 in muffler shop
any one else had same problem? other solutions?
I tried heating the female pipe but I can only get it on 3/8-to 1/2

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2016, 8:02 pm

Hi, I just did the LV this winter. Not sure which end you are referring to but my front down pipe was a bitch! I had to take it off the bike a clamp it in a vise. I used pieces of a heavy throw rug for protection. Clean up all the ends with Emery cloth and apply some Vaseline but you have to be dead nuts straight. If you cock it the least bit it will stop cold. You have to hold the LV perfect and talk nice to it. The rear was tight but not like front. Happy trails

'01 ST4 (Sold) '06 749 dark (Sold) '11 MTS S (Sold)
'15 M1200S '11 848 Evo '13 R1200RT
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2017, 9:02 am

Garage
Hi there,
This is an old post but I hope someone could give a piece of advice to me. What if I was changing the mid pipes (decat) and the end with an akra. Install k&n filter too. If i leave the o2 sensors on would the bike be running well? By the way its a 2013 model. Anyone please? I allready had installed the above and a bazzaz module (f182) and autotune (cost a fortune) . the current fuel map runs ok but when I am cruising in constant speed it starts to slow down (like it has too much fuel or air - distorted AFR I guess). I contact bazzaz and later on they through in the market a revised model f185 lefting me speechless. I am up to take out this worthless for me module that's why I am seeking for alternatives
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2018, 1:23 pm

This is long overdue but I just wanted to say thanks for this walkthrough. I followed it nearly word for word installing my SC Project cat delete and pipe. Getting the OEM boat anchor out was probably the most difficult part of the whole procedure.

Xanthos - My experience getting the bike to run properly after was a bit interesting (2011 Multistrada S). Just as an FYI, I did all of this work myself except the dyno. I bought a Ducati Performance ECU and BMC air filter at the same time as my SC Project hoping that the three would run in harmony together. This didn't happen. It ran really rough, backfired quite a bit, and just didn't feel as powerful as it should. At first I thought maybe it was an air leak, so I bought some copper gasket stuff (can't remember the name) and had plans to pull the exhaust apart and seal everything up but that never happened. While I was waiting to do that work I was also looking for a bazzaz and happened to find one used on ebay at a really nice discount. I installed the bazzaz, and whatever map was left on it from the previous owner made things substantially worse. The bike was practically unridable. There's a local dyno shop near me with an outstanding reputation so I decided to give them a call. They were a little reluctant to work on my bike saying they typically didn't have much luck with Multistradas. After a bit of convincing he took the challenge and so I brought it to him. There was an exorcism, a little bit of voodoo and some witchcraft, and then the bike was running like a beast. I gained 6 (I think) horsepower, went up in torque too, and it runs and sounds great.

TLDR: this thread helped me install my own exhaust, ecu, air filter, bazazz. It ran like shit after. Took it to a dyno shop and now it runs great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Hi there,
This is an old post but I hope someone could give a piece of advice to me. What if I was changing the mid pipes (decat) and the end with an akra. Install k&n filter too. If i leave the o2 sensors on would the bike be running well? By the way its a 2013 model. Anyone please? I allready had installed the above and a bazzaz module (f182) and autotune (cost a fortune) . the current fuel map runs ok but when I am cruising in constant speed it starts to slow down (like it has too much fuel or air - distorted AFR I guess). I contact bazzaz and later on they through in the market a revised model f185 lefting me speechless. I am up to take out this worthless for me module that's why I am seeking for alternatives
Turkishexpress likes this.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2019, 7:18 pm

This guide was handy, just installed a Danmoto mid-pipe and the instructions here made it much easier. Unfortunately I twisted off all 3 front header studs, even after soaking for a while in penetrant, should have heated them too I guess. Lots of clearance underneath now, exhaust flapper servo is removed with dongle plugged in. I will have to fabricate some kind of support for the outlet and muffler since the only thing this mid-pipe fastens to is the header pipes. Going to try using the stock "muffler" thing but looks like I will have to go with an aftermarket slip-on.

Fortunately there is a quarter inch or so of the studs protruding from the heads so hopefully can get them broke loose.

Current bikes: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode