Bluetooth head set recommendations - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 10:24 am Thread Starter

Bluetooth head set recommendations

I'm looking for a pair of head sets so we can communicate as well as listen to music, phone or GPS. On my Harley we had a wired head set that plugged into the bike.

Is Sena the best choice here? How does the Ducati offering compare?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 11:32 am

I've got a Sena 10s

https://www.sena.com/product/10s

I use it with a set of S-Plug ear buds

https://www.plugup.com/the_S_plug_st...rbuds_s/67.htm

It is a great unit and 2 of my buddies have them as well. One guy actually has an older model and we all pair up without issue. It can take a little bit to figure out the sequence of connecting when there are 3 or more people but it is pretty straight forward.

I have placed and taken calls and people don't realize I'm on the motorcycle. The bluetooth communication between units works well with a decent range. But it is line of sight for sure. Once you get more than 1/4 mile away from somebody, it starts to cut out.

Music works great as well and I have it paired with my phone. You press one button and tell google (if you use Android) to play music. The jog dial is fairly intuitive once you learn what the different buttons do.

The only complaint I have at this point is I tried to update the firmware and the unit stopped working so I ended up reverting back to the previous version. Not sure if they fixed that issue or not.

Ryan - Apollo Beach, FL
2013 Multistrada Pikes Peak
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 12:45 pm

Another vote for Sena 10S. Pairs flawlessly with my riding buddies bluetooth headsets and works great for phone calls and music, not that I want to take phone calls while riding.

14 Ducati MTS 1200S GT
12 Ducati Streetfighter 1098S
04 Honda RC51 (never sell!)

93 Honda CBR600 F2 (sold)
88 Honda CBR600 (sold)
87 Kawasaki Ninja 600 (sold)
87 Honda CBR600 (hit by car)

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 1:36 pm Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Was looking at that unit as well as the 20s (I think it is), it's a lot more expensive tho but has longer range.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 1:49 pm

I have a 20s Evo and I got my daughter a 10s for when she rides pillion. They pair easily with each and our phones and work well for coms but I usually get told by my daughter to stop talking so she can listen to her music lol. I have only answered a couple of phone calls in the two years of use but the calls are clear and the other person had no idea I was on the bike. If I were to do it again I wouldn't have paid extra for the 20s because the voice command function sucks (which is the reason why I got it rather than the 10s). The speakers that come with them are not the greatest so I replaced mine with the Uclear drop in speakers which were better and now I switched to earbuds which is even better. At this point now I think I would really look at the Cardo Pack Talk because the reviews lately have them rated better than Sena.

2001 M900Sie - Mine - 2006 Buell Blast - Wife's - 1971 Yamaha R5-350 - Work in progress - 1971 Yamaha R5 - Waiting to be a work in progress
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 2:19 pm

Garage
I would highly recommend checking out fort9's reviews of different BT units on youtube. He says Cardo's offer far better units. I have the Cardo Pac talk slim and a Sena 3s. If I am just going to listen to music or just pair with one person, I prefer my Sena 3s because of it's simplicity.

I can access siri with just my voice to talk with my Cardo which is nice when it works, but it's terrible when you're riding at freeway speeds. And my cardo has lots of features, but there are so many buttons and combinations of buttons that I can never get the thing to do what I want without stopping, pulling up the directions and messing with it for 10 minutes. The buttons are way to small to use with gloves.

So if you're just pairing with a partner, or listening to GPS/music, chose the simplest device you can find. I really like my 3s.
suruppak and Cowens726 like this.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 2:27 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the info
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 2:45 pm

+1 20s Evo....like how it allows you to use earbuds...really long battery life too
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 3:42 pm

Cardo Packtalk Bold Duo works just fine for myself and wife (on seperate bikes). Pairs fine with Multi and iPhone (and/or Garmin Zumo) (Cardo is limited to 2 BT channels so canít pair all 3 at same time). DMC mode is mostly good with disconnects/reconnects when out of/into range as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curently riding
2012 Aprilia RS125 - simple fun
2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S - serious fun
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S - fun fun

Kent
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 7:46 pm

Garage
Another vote for the Sena 10s. I ride with 3 friends, we get a good 12 hours talk time on a charge. Good clean communication. Can talk to people on the cell phone and they have no idea you're on the bike. Plenty of volume too considering I ride with ear plugs.

'10 MTS1200 S
'00 VTR1000f
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode