MotoGP Aragon~spoiler~ - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 9:07 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rcrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA,
Posts: 2,456
MotoGP Aragon~spoiler~

First practice:

1 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Honda 1:50.506
2 Nicky Hayden Ducati Marlboro Ducati 1:50.917
3 Jorge Lorenzo Fiat Yamaha Yamaha 1:50.928
4 Casey Stoner Ducati Marlboro Ducati 1:51.195
5 Marco Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1:51.768
6 Valentino Rossi Fiat Yamaha Yamaha 1:51.769
7 Hector Barbera Paginas Amarillas Aspar Ducati 1:51.792
8 Andrea Dovizioso Repsol Honda Honda 1:51.845
9 Colin Edwards II Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1:52.027
10 Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1:52.141
11 Marco Melandri San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1:52.321
12 Randy De Puniet LCR Honda Honda 1:52.340
13 Aleix Espargaro Pramac Racing Ducati 1:52.752
14 Alvaro Bautista Rizla Suzuki Suzuki 1:52.822
15 Mika Kallio Pramac Racing Ducati 1:53.190
16 Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda MotoGP Honda 1:53.512
rcrob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 9:10 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rcrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA,
Posts: 2,456
Second Practice (wet):
1 27 Casey STONER DUCATI 2'01.710
2 99 Jorge LORENZO YAMAHA 2'02.278 0.568 0.568
3 69 Nicky HAYDEN DUCATI 2'02.411 0.701 0.133
4 46 Valentino ROSSI YAMAHA 2'02.878 1.168 0.467
5 33 Marco MELANDRI HONDA 2'03.146 1.436 0.268
6 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO HONDA 2'03.754 2.044 0.608
7 14 Randy DE PUNIET HONDA 2'03.801 2.091 0.047
8 11 Ben SPIES YAMAHA 2'03.874 2.164 0.073
9 40 Hector BARBERA DUCATI 2'04.063 2.353 0.189
10 58 Marco SIMONCELLI HONDA 2'04.151 2.441 0.088
11 5 Colin EDWARDS YAMAHA 2'04.868 3.158 0.717
12 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SUZUKI 2'05.170 3.460 0.302
13 26 Dani PEDROSA HONDA 2'05.394 3.684 0.224
14 36 Mika KALLIO DUCATI 2'06.257 4.547 0.863
15 41 Aleix ESPARGARO DUCATI 2'07.133 5.423 0.876
16 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA HONDA 2'07.632 5.922 0.499
rcrob is offline  
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 11:10 am
Senior Member
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Katonah, NY, USA
Posts: 1,704
Nice to see Nicky and Casey up top. Also nice to see Rossi up to fourth.

2008 HM1100S
Raiden is offline  
 
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 11:45 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rcrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA,
Posts: 2,456
The track looks awesome by the way:
rcrob is offline  
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 5:54 pm
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Posts: 1,074
Images: 19
Yes it's good to see the Ducati's up there but the FP2 was a wet session, and times were more than 10 seconds off the pace of FP1 which was dry.
Look at Pedrosa's times in FP2 in comparison, man he hates the wet.
Riders like Stoner and Hayden that have a dirt riding back ground, will always do well in slippery conditions.

The track looks great, especially that big ass sweeper into the downhill straight. Should see some nice 'backing in' into the hairpin at the bottom.

I hope Ducati have found something this weekend.

Last edited by Tard; Sep 17th, 2010 at 6:06 pm.
Tard is offline  
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 6:02 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rcrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA,
Posts: 2,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tard View Post
Yes it's good to see the Ducati's up there but the FP2 was a wet session, and times were more than 10 seconds off the pace of FP1 which was dry.
Look at Pedrosa's times in FP2 in comparison, man he hates the wet.
Riders like Stoner and Hayden that have a dirt riding back ground, will always do well in slippery conditions.

The track looks great, especially that big ass sweeper into the downhill straight. Should see some nice 'backing in' into the hairpin at the bottom.

I hope Ducati have found something this weekend.
I think they are using the brown cut off coming down the hill. Looks like the corkscrew a bit. Dani was fast in the wet but got caught out in the last 10 minutes where he was stuck in the garage with an electrical problem. The track started to dry and the times fell.
rcrob is offline  
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 6:11 pm
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Posts: 1,074
Images: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrob View Post
I think they are using the brown cut off coming down the hill. Looks like the corkscrew a bit. Dani was fast in the wet but got caught out in the last 10 minutes where he was stuck in the garage with an electrical problem. The track started to dry and the times fell.
Yeah I thought I'd have a look on the MotoGP site to see if that was the case concerning the track, and it is. Pity, I think one corkscrew's enough in a season.
I'm looking forward to actually seeing the track tonight when we get QP live, and free to air in high def'.
Tard is offline  
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 7:03 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rcrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA,
Posts: 2,456
There is a full lap in pictures here:
http://motomatters.com/blog/2010/09/...torland_a.html
Spain's corksrew:
rcrob is offline  
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2010, 8:11 pm
NSP
Senior Member
 
NSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,661
I hope Hayden's injury is healed enough for this weekend. He is up in the top 3 in the wet and dry at this point so it would be nice to see a podium from him.

He is usually a podium placer when a new track is raced the first time in MotoGP.

Turkey in 2005 he got third
Laguna in 2005 he won
Indy in 2008 he got second

San Marino in 2009 he got ass slammed in turn 1/2

can he get a podium at Aragon first go round??

I would like Rossi to win this round...to get a second win (hopefully a couple more before heading to Ducati) for this season and to continue his record of winning at every venue he has raced in GP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	circuito1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	76614  
NSP is offline  
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2010, 12:14 am
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Posts: 1,074
Images: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSP View Post
I hope Hayden's injury is healed enough for this weekend. He is up in the top 3 in the wet and dry at this point so it would be nice to see a podium from him.

He is usually a podium placer when a new track is raced the first time in MotoGP.

Turkey in 2005 he got third
Laguna in 2005 he won
Indy in 2008 he got second

San Marino in 2009 he got ass slammed in turn 1/2

can he get a podium at Aragon first go round??

I would like Rossi to win this round...to get a second win (hopefully a couple more before heading to Ducati) for this season and to continue his record of winning at every venue he has raced in GP.
Hayden's wrist is fine.

Quote; 'Hayden, who suffered a chipped radius bone at Brno in mid-August, added: “My wrist is back to 100% so I can't wait to get back on the bike and get back to work with the team.'

His times look good in practice wet or dry, agree. I hope he does well this round.

Loris is sitting this race out because of him though...

Last edited by Tard; Sep 18th, 2010 at 12:24 am.
Tard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wow what a race!!! MotoGP not a spoiler. Antigrav HyperMotard 14 Jun 15th, 2009 1:32 pm
***SPOILER!!! AMS Motogp Watching Party - A Hit! ***SPOILER!!!!!! rickmillertx South Central 7 Jul 22nd, 2007 11:12 pm
**Spoiler** MotoGP & CSR Lost_In_Spice Ducati Motorcycle Chat 6 Jun 28th, 2007 10:39 am
MotoGP (spoiler) --xXXx-- Road Racing 10 Mar 11th, 2007 1:49 pm
** spoiler ** Estoril MotoGP DukeDesmo Road Racing 36 Oct 20th, 2006 5:11 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome