Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Spoiler alert: Rossi wins Misano

5K views 97 replies 21 participants last post by  davy.j 
#1 ·
Give it your best Val.

#5 ·
What do you recon Rexy? I’m hoping (dreaming) that this one will be like a moto3 race. Seems to be everyone’s home track.
Yamaha are still coming up with the same tired story after testing “we think we’ve found something and are on the right path”. And they have found something but it’s not with the bike, it’s Quartararo. A future world champion staring them in the face. He’ll Be on a Honda soon. That’s if Suzuki don’t snap him up first.

#13 ·
I kinda have to agree with Member *davy.j sentiments. Rossi loves to ride, and he loves to race. But a racer has to know when "it's time" ... y'know? He could really go out on a high note if he played his cards right. Then again, if he tries to relive his glory days there is a far better chance he'll make a total fool of himself and look like just another tired old man that sits on his rocking chair carrying on about how great he was. I think I said once before something like if he's not careful he'll look like one of the worn out rock stars on the stage ... in his mind he's still 22 years old ... baggin' girlies ... bustin' out bad ass guitar solos ... and getting his picture "on the cover of the Rolling Stone". While in reality he is seen by the audience as just another burned out "also ran".

The guy is a magician on the right motorcycle with the right support. Of that, there is no doubt. Best to check out while he's still remembered that way.

As had been said by someone here in this thread ... there's no way in hell he's going to bag another championship ... there are far too many young, very hungry riders that the factories see as moldable clay they can use to promote their image as relevant and exciting motorcycle manufacturers. Rossi is no longer in a plastic state that may still be molded as the fresh new face of a given manufacturer. I'm not sure he understands that. Far be it from me to know what's in his head, but at some point he's got to work out which life trajectory to set ... a life trajectory that does not include riding for a multi-million dollar race program in MOTO GP.

:wink2:

#6 ·
I don't care if VR does win... it's time to hang the leathers up anyway as there's not a snowballs chance in hell he's ever going to win another championship with MM and Fabio out there.
All he's proved for the last few years is that it's 80% the bike and team and 20% the rider

#7 ·
Re. Spoiler alert: Rossi wins Misano

The prerace interviews are barely over,nobody has turned a wheel on track yet,hell Vale hasn't even unveiled his traditional custom Misano helmet design yet and you've already got him pencilled in for the win. Gutsy call X.

To be honest it would be cool to see Rossi win again but...... Looks like it's not a case of if,but when. Got a feeling this might be Quartararo's breakthrough weekend.

#14 ·
Consistency wins championships, not first places (unless your MM who wins and is consistent.) Imo if a manufacturer built a bike Rossi can consistently be in the top 3 every week with, vs top 7 like he is on the Yami, that manufacturer would reap massive rewards from the recognition and good will from Rossi's 10th championship.

#15 ·
Credit where credit is due. He has been Yamaha’s top points scorer for how long? AND. We still talk about him more than any other rider. Of course he knows he will ever win another title, so what. We can talk about every person that is in the race the same way. Should they all pull the pin and go back to bricklaying?

#25 ·
Jack seems to do better on the tracks where the rest of the Ducati riders struggle in practice, yet struggle on tracks where the other ducati riders do better.

I did notice the factory teams were trying out all sorts of different set ups and components during Fridays practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.