World SBK Laguna Seca...Anyone going? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 9:29 pm Thread Starter

Garage
World SBK Laguna Seca...Anyone going?

Like the title says. World SBK is next weekend at Laguna Seca. I'll be there, just wondering if anyone else will be......sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 10:40 pm

We're not going, but it sure is a neat event.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1132521861_YCijQ-L.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	947881   Click image for larger version

Name:	1132521909_yjdDn-L.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	947883   Click image for larger version

Name:	2809847164ea1e535902o-L.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	947885   Click image for larger version

Name:	1132526119_rB9uJ-L.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	947887  

Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
1996 900 CR. ...Go, Blow, Or Put A Hole In The Fence.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2019, 7:06 am

I’ll be there. Actually on the plane to California at the moment. Spending the next few days in Napa, then Laguna Seca Friday - Sunday. Would love to meet some fellow forum members.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2019, 9:33 am

We are going Sunday. For as much as I'd like to take one of the Ducatis, we'll be on the Tiger as it's the only 2up bike in the stable. Can't decide weather to go up the 1 and loop back down to Pismo on the 101, it's a great ride however the last time I did that the 1 was clogged with RV's and campers.
Excited!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kern tiger.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	948029  
SO FUN likes this.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 2019, 4:58 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddste View Post
Iíll be there. Actually on the plane to California at the moment. Spending the next few days in Napa, then Laguna Seca Friday - Sunday. Would love to meet some fellow forum members.
Funny that. My folks live in Forest Park, so not terribly far from where you live. I actually live about 20 minutes from Napa. We're headed down on Thursday morning. If you see a first generation Aprilia Mille R with a yellow GSXR on the road or down at the track that'll be us...PM me if you'll be on Cannery Row on Saturday night.....we can have a beer or something at the Irish Pub.....sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Watching some of the action on https://www.motoamericaliveplus.com/

Looks like an awesome day. Wishing I was there, but the live stream will have to do for now.

Last edited by Monster4Lee; Jul 13th, 2019 at 6:41 pm.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2019, 6:25 pm

looks like the FIM have gone too far with their V4R restrictions, either that or Ducati has made some drastic changes to the front end of their bike, particularly the #19.....
Bautista is pushing way too hard at the start of the race, it looks like he knows Rea will get away easily if he can't get to the front now. The Kawasaki lobby group must be in for a huge bonus......
jheurte likes this.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Superbike Race #1 was really exciting. Those Suzukis are just so damned fast on long straights the R1s simply have nothing for them. The lone Ducati went down in the first lap when the guy in front of him went down and the Duc hit his bike.

Maybe it's just some trick of light or something but it looks as though the Corkscrew was been opened up somewhat. It appears that it's not as tight as it was in years prior.

Oh well .... next race tomorrow!

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2019, 12:42 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Coil 7 View Post
Superbike Race #1 was really exciting.

Maybe it's just some trick of light or something but it looks as though the Corkscrew was been opened up somewhat. It appears that it's not as tight as it was in years prior.
Yep, best race of the weekend so far. The crash that took out Kyle Wyman was right in front of us as we were sitting at the fence above turn 2. Kyle is a privateer effort and receives very little from Ducati in the way of support. That was supposed to change this weekend as the factory guys are in town and he was supposed to get some new parts and software developments.

The corkscrew was redone a number of years back when MotoGP was here. The outside was pushed further out, the hillside was reshaped and trees on the outside of the turn were removed. All to provide more fun off if someone’s handle bar broke on the run into the corkscrew. You know....so a bike didn’t have to get retrieved from out of a tree or anything 🙄 ...... sean
Rex Coil 7 likes this.

Quote:
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2019, 1:46 am

... I guess it also provided more space in the event someone wanted to stop their bike during the cool-off lap on the right turn of the corkscrew, lay their bike on it's side, and then lay their body down on top of the motorcycle.

...... Elias !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannaduc View Post
.... The crash that took out Kyle Wyman was right in front of us as we were sitting at the fence above turn 2. Kyle is a privateer effort and receives very little from Ducati in the way of support. That was supposed to change this weekend as the factory guys are in town and he was supposed to get some new parts and software developments.
Wyman was interviewed on TV while at the starting grid about that very thing. It seems Ducati coughed up an entire new engine for him just prior to this first heat. Too bad he ate shit in the first lap, wadding up the bike.

Many DNFs in this first heat. Makes me wonder how it would have gone had the likes of Josh Herrin on another GSX-R1000 would not have gone down.

.... got dayum 'em Zukis er fast! ......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode