Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Le Mans spoiler

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  davy.j 
#1 ·
Bring it on, I can't wait.

Vale for the win. Dovi second, our Jack third.

#13 ·
Great race. I enjoyed Miller's effort as well as Quatro's. Rossi is good to have in the races, but he is now a points calculator stalking the front runners' errors and hoping for a crash. They say Dovi is not a risk taker, he is much more of one than Rossi these days. I am still a Rossi fan though. I enjoy hoping (not the same a cheering) for him to podium or win.

With the exception of MM winning the world tittle , since we know he will, the race for 2-6 look to be fun for the rest of the year.

#14 ·
I think Vale has learned from the last couple of years better to go for points than crash and get none. If the yamaha was a tiny bit better, ie. not so hard on the tyres I think he'd be up there.

#20 ·
Ruining the sport? I'm always conflicted about this. I think its unfair when teams are penalized because they go too fast - if all the Hondas were winning 1 2 3 should we restrict their power output for the sake of the sport? On one hand I say no - let the best team and bike win - it makes the other teams work harder to catch up and progress is made.

On the other hand it sucks to see the same guy or team win race after race and it makes for a boring predictable outcome. Nobody wants to pay to go see that, we want teams that fight it out and where its anybody's race to win or loose. That is much more exciting week after week.

Is it really racing at the purest level of a contest to constantly manipulate the teams to even the odds? All of the sanctioning bodies do it but at that point its not a race, its a show - entertainment for the sake of entertainment. Somehow, even if it's boring, I think I'd rather see real racing. (and yes, I know that with all of the restrictions and rules real racing is a thing of the past) 0:)

#23 ·
Ruining the sport? I'm always conflicted about this. I think its unfair when teams are penalized because they go too fast - if all the Hondas were winning 1 2 3 should we restrict their power output for the sake of the sport? On one hand I say no - let the best team and bike win - it makes the other teams work harder to catch up and progress is made.

On the other hand it sucks to see the same guy or team win race after race and it makes for a boring predictable outcome. Nobody wants to pay to go see that, we want teams that fight it out and where its anybody's race to win or loose. That is much more exciting week after week.

Is it really racing at the purest level of a contest to constantly manipulate the teams to even the odds? All of the sanctioning bodies do it but at that point its not a race, its a show - entertainment for the sake of entertainment. Somehow, even if it's boring, I think I'd rather see real racing. (and yes, I know that with all of the restrictions and rules real racing is a thing of the past) 0:)

It didn't take them but a heartbeat to peg back the V4 rev limit once Bautista started dominating..... and it worked too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.