• 3 Post By proheli
  • 1 Post By xracer
  • 1 Post By Full_Spectrum
  • 1 Post By davy.j
  • 1 Post By SP3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2019, 11:35 pm Thread Starter

Anthony West speaks on the FIM.

Ant has been persecuted by the FIM, but now he telling his side of it.

https://www.e-motors.info/2019/03/20...7Zg13NlZCpzVuc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2019, 3:15 am

Garage
What story that is.. Insane.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

S2R 1000 07' - Sold
Streetfighter S 09'
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2019, 7:14 am
Just visiting your planet.

Garage
Sounds like he was railroaded pretty bad. What sucks is that there isn't a lot he can do other than keep filing suit against them. The FIM knows they hold all the cards over his racing career and they have a grudge. I wonder if he could come to America to race? Racers don't make much in salary here, if anything, but the purse and contingency money is pretty good. If you're half-way decent, you can make a modest living.
xracer and Desmofreak like this.

2005 ST3
2003 749s

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2019, 9:50 pm

He should never have passed Marquez. Messing with the New World Order is what cost Rossi the 2015 Moto GP title. FIM and Dorna are nothing more than evil children with too much power.
xracer, Harvey and WileECoyote like this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2019, 8:29 am
Prolific Poster Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by proheli View Post
He should never have passed Marquez. Messing with the New World Order is what cost Rossi the 2015 Moto GP title. FIM and Dorna are nothing more than evil children with too much power.
yep. just a pack of cunts.
WileECoyote likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2019, 9:17 am

Its hard to know what is lost in translation from a non-english website here, but there are a few things there that are simply not accurate.
Ant is a total badass on a motorbike, and from all accounts a really solid guy, but...um...yeah.

Here is how anti-doping works:

FIM is a signatory to the WADA charter. That means that when WADA changes its rules, all FIM license holders are held to those rules.
If the FIM does not update their website to reflect that, well, that sucks, but it isnt a conspiracy...

Further, the list of 'banned substances and methods' is updated every year, and has been for a LONG time. As an athlete, 'YOU' are responsible for what you put into your body...not the FIM. I am in the test pool for a different sport, and I dont rely on the sport sanctioning body to update their website with the list- I go right to the WADA website for that. When I renewed by license for 2019, I DL'd the new WADA docs and read through them.
Further still, I dont agree with, nor understand how or why they classify certain things and not others. Every pro athlete has an opinion about what they think should be- and should not be- banned. After decades, Tramadol is finally banned. Caffeine was for a long time. Lots of energy drink ingredients are banned. Marijuana is banned. The list is massive, and is a huge pain in the ass. Most of the things that are banned are OTC supplements. Of course things like Testosterone, EPO, HGH, and related Peds are also banned.

Keep in mind that there are thousands of other racers in the test pool, and the testing results are always available on the WADA website- at least they are when WADA gets around to updating their PDF library.

Also, WADA is mostly toothless. They are underfunded, and overworked. Some of the labs are crap. It is not at all a perfect system. In fact, as you can see from football (soccer), cycling, running, and other sports that are also WADA signatories, there are lots of shenanigans happening. Team Sky, anyone?

So, it pains me that I might appear to be defending WADA. Im not.
I am simply pointing out that this interview is either poorly translated, or Ant doesnt know how all of this works, and is rightly pissed that he got caught up not following the rules. Ant has now popped positive on (2) anti-doping controls since 2012.

In my opinion, the substances that he popped for *should not be banned*, but they are, and everyone in the WADA test pool had the access to the information.

It is also helpful to note that there are a ton of other athletes that are getting better results, getting tested, and not popping positive.
You could make the case that a really popular athlete might be 'protected' from a positive...but a SSP racer? A Moto2 racer?
Not likely.

Does the FIM have it out for Ant? Maybe. I have no idea.
I do know enough race teams to understand that when the scrutineers come to your pit and want parts for inspection, you do what they tell you. Full stop.
If you refuse, there are going to be consequences. The right move is to comply, and then point out the issues *after the fact*. Refusing a doping control results in an immediate ban, and I can understand how refusing to turn over parts to the scrutineers might be handled similarly.

It sucks that he isnt on the grid, as he is a legit talent, and super fun to watch.
Harvey likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2019, 7:21 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for that, it puts a lot of light on the problem.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2019, 6:18 pm
Come in Spinner :)

https://www.mcnews.com.au/anthony-we...after-round-3/
Harvey likes this.

2000 853
2007 Cagiva Mito.
1980 and 1978 Ultra lightweight Yamaha SR500 Cafe Racers
1967 500cc Ultra lightweight Triumph Daytona Cafe Racer
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2019, 8:47 pm
SP3
Prolific Poster Award

There was a time, roughly 40 years ago, that I thought the FIA/FIM was the end all, be all regarding motorsports governance. The (accidental) start to my 15-year race-wrenching career started just over 30 years ago. I'd guess that it was about 25 years ago that I sussed them out and saw them for what they were. They're no different than any other politician.
Full_Spectrum likes this.

'91 851 SP3, '66 250 Monza, '99 Monster 900 City, '98 ST2
'99 Monster 750, '66 Riverside 250, '66 Riverside 250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode