Polini Malaysian Grand Prix (WARNING SPOILER!!!) - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 3:00 am Thread Starter
Banned

Polini Malaysian Grand Prix (WARNING SPOILER!!!)

As we all expected, the races were pretty plain. Jorge Lorenzo won third, but has enough points to be crowned world champion for 250cc in 07. In typical Lorenzo style, his flaunted his crowning as if it wasn't coming to him.

Stoner was at it again, starting in 2nd position and of course moments after the break, stuck his nose in first and never let anybody pass. Pedrosa stuck with it, but a nice surprise was Melandri's 4th to 2nd place move and podium win. I have a distinct feeling that Melandri chillin' out with Stoner in 08, we'll see much more of him on the podium. Adam West lined up on the wrong starting grid spot and had to do a ride through and Randy De Puniet was in 3rd most of the race, but lost his positioning Melandri. Rossi went from 10th to 5th, but that was as close as he was able to get. Poor Nicky Hayden went too hot into a corner and lost too much time. He had a decent chance in this race, but again, it was spoiled.

Otherwise both races were pretty uneventful and the season closer in 2 weeks time should be just as, well... boring! Those of you watching on sunday or waiting to download the race, I'd not bother, I fell asleep for a few minutes!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 4:36 am

Thanks for the news.

I think you might be spot on with Melandri. I think there's a lot to be sid about starting fresh with a young team!

Current
'98 Triumph T-Bird Sport
'95 Ducati 900SP (US) #561
'74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Garage is full!

Gone but Greatly Missed
'95 Ducati 900SL (Euro) #003
'72 Honda CB350

Gone and Good Riddance!
'83 Kawi GPZ 750 Turbo

I centauri indisciplinati in servizio sulla strada!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 10:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tye1138
a nice surprise was Melandri's 4th to 2nd place move and podium win. I have a distinct feeling that Melandri chillin' out with Stoner in 08, we'll see much more of him on the podium. Adam West lined up on the wrong starting grid spot and had to do a ride
ADAM West? BATMAN lined up in the wrong place? I think you meant Ant(hony) West. All in fun. Merely trying to keep it honest for his fans from down under. He's a good rider.

I'm not the least bit surprised about Melandri. Here's what I posted about him yesterday before the Sepang race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
Speaking of next season, for a glimpse at Ducati's future, take a look at who's in third place in this weekend's final qualifying. Hint: he's riding a satellite Honda...

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Oct/071020a.htm

I wouldn't count out Rossi for next year and I wouldn't bet even money that Stoner will be the #1 Ducati rider when the points are tallied at the end of next season.

Go back to last year when Melandri and Stoner rode similar bikes, satellite Hondas. Until Gibernau's miscue at Catalunya, Marco was well in the hunt for the championship. Despite the accident, he still finished well ahead of Stoner in the final points. This season he's still on a satellite bike but well ahead of Hayden and not far behind Pedrosa. Tough to predict how Lorenzo will do in his first year but Ducati may have the best two-rider package in GP next season.

Should be interesting.

Red faster? Forget it. Yellow faster? Not even close. The only Ducati V-twin to win a GP race was painted SILVER.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 10:50 am
Supermoderator - I´m special!

Garage
The race was nice and close in the beginning, but no REAL drama from the pack in front.

A few lost braking moments and one big rear slide, but that was it. Boring and exhilarating at the same time. Well done Casey.

//amullo

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, Öhlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2007, 3:32 pm Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
ADAM West? BATMAN lined up in the wrong place? I think you meant Ant(hony) West. All in fun. Merely trying to keep it honest for his fans from down under. He's a good rider.

I'm not the least bit surprised about Melandri. Here's what I posted about him yesterday before the Sepang race. Should be interesting.
LOL It was 2am when I posted... I guess adam is all that popped out! Close enough! lol

I hadn't have been watching Melandri this year but after Ducati picked him up, became more interesting to watch him. I think Stoner might have a run for his money in 08 from his own teammate. Capirossi is a great rider too, but he didn't get along with the duc, I think Melandri could do better.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2007, 2:32 am

I went to Sepang on my way home to Aus from the Middle East, Sepang is an awesome track and the locals are very friendly. They put on a big biker fest and party in down town KL on the Saturday night. The MotoGp was a bit of a procession but still well worth the dough, the 250's put on the best race in years.

2001 996S
2001 ZX9R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode