4pot4pad calipers with OZ Piega Rims on a biposto possible? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2019, 12:34 am Thread Starter

4pot4pad calipers with OZ Piega Rims on a biposto possible?

Guys,

Just got a 09 biposto and the brakes are just awful. Is it possible to upgrade to 4pot4pad calipers?

When looking at the motowheels I see that it’s listing a 65mm version here:

https://motowheels.com/i-23900632-br...nt-silver.html

Will this be a simple bolt on or will I need to modify things?

Cheers,

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2019, 1:15 am

With the OZ wheels it should be a simple job... except they were especially made for the use of SC standard brakes...

disc spacing is 132mm on SC bikes... so 4mm more on each side compared to a Monster or ST front wheel

Discacciati makes 4p calipers for SC wheel disc spacing...
mike_delphin likes this.

2007 SC Biposto
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2019, 2:47 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolagent View Post
With the OZ wheels it should be a simple job... except they were especially made for the use of SC standard brakes...

disc spacing is 132mm on SC bikes... so 4mm more on each side compared to a Monster or ST front wheel

Discacciati makes 4p calipers for SC wheel disc spacing...

Discacciati’s are really nice but they’re at least $1k. Is there a way to make the brembo’s fit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2019, 3:20 am

There is always a way to make things fit... but first of all can't you adapt the OZ Piega in some way... do you have a picture of the hub section?
mike_delphin likes this.

2007 SC Biposto
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Quote:
The OZ Piega wheels I bought 7 years ago, and still have on, came with spacers to put under the rotors. So perhaps it's as simple as leaving out the spacers --but check with someone who has tried it!

1968 Velocette 500
1972 Commando 750
Now:
2007 GT 1000
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Monkey View Post
The OZ Piega wheels I bought 7 years ago, and still have on, came with spacers to put under the rotors. So perhaps it's as simple as leaving out the spacers --but check with someone who has tried it!
That's what i meant... just inspect the hubs and maybe just remove a spacer... or change the hub flanges...

2007 SC Biposto
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 11:21 am

OZ wheels for the SC are made for 4P4P style calipers, the spacers that come with them are to fit the stock 2P Calipers.

I mounted the 4P Calipers along with the Piega wheels, using Brembo Thinline rotors instead of the stock rotors. The spacers are somewhere in my garage... For proper fitment, you should invest in some custom brake lines. The stock ones will work but there's a weird bend at the caliper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0158.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	948793  

Hi, my name is Jeff, and I'm a Ducatiholic.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 12:37 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
There is always a way to make things fit... but first of all can't you adapt the OZ Piega in some way... do you have a picture of the hub section?
I don't have a picture right now, but I'll take some when I get home.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 12:40 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderjeff View Post
OZ wheels for the SC are made for 4P4P style calipers, the spacers that come with them are to fit the stock 2P Calipers.

I mounted the 4P Calipers along with the Piega wheels, using Brembo Thinline rotors instead of the stock rotors. The spacers are somewhere in my garage... For proper fitment, you should invest in some custom brake lines. The stock ones will work but there's a weird bend at the caliper.
Looks awesome! I'm in the process of getting beefier rotors Brembo 'snowflake' rotors. I hope I have the correct spacers but if I don't where could I get them from? I'm also looking into custom spiegler lines but I'm unsure of the length I'll be needing.

Cheers,

Mike
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 2:20 pm

If you purchase rotors with the same offset as the stock ones (can't offhand recall what that is), then the 4P calipers + SC OZ Piega wheels all line up without spacers. The stock wire wheel hub is a bit wider than the OZ hub, which lines up with the 2P calipers.

Spiegler made brake lines to my spec. There's a couple of different ways to route brake hoses; the superbikes use a single line with a crossover between calipers. I tried to mimic the stock arrangement. The Spiegler website has a pretty simple ordering process, I think I just used a piece of twine to establish the needed lengths.

Your stock master cylinder will work with the 4P calipers, but be aware that you are changing the Master Cylinder/Caliper hydraulic ratio by adding 4 more pistons. The "feel" will be a bit different as the stock SC Master is smaller that what you'd find on a 999 or 998S. I just changed the master to a 999 unit, so mine is all stock Ducati in setup.

Hi, my name is Jeff, and I'm a Ducatiholic.

Last edited by Riderjeff; Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:28 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode