4pot4pad calipers with OZ Piega Rims on a biposto possible? - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2019, 3:25 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderjeff View Post
If you purchase rotors with the same offset as the stock ones (can't offhand recall what that is), then the 4P calipers + SC OZ Piega wheels all line up without spacers. The stock wire wheel hub is a bit wider than the OZ hub, which lines up with the 2P calipers.

Spiegler made brake lines to my spec. There's a couple of different ways to route brake hoses; the superbikes use a single line with a crossover between calipers. I tried to mimic the stock arrangement. The Spiegler website has a pretty simple ordering process, I think I just used a piece of twine to establish the needed lengths.

Your stock master cylinder will work with the 4P calipers, but be aware that you are changing the Master Cylinder/Caliper hydraulic ratio by adding 4 more pistons. The "feel" will be a bit different as the stock SC Master is smaller that what you'd find on a 999 or 998S. I just changed the master to a 999 unit, so mine is all stock Ducati in setup.
I just bought a pair of used but in great condition 'snowflake' rotors, brand new tires, and installed an rcs19 brake master cylinder. I'm really hoping that the OZ's and the rotors play nice without having to modify anything. The only thing left to get is the 4pad calipers and lines. I'm having a tough time locating decent looking calipers. I may just buy them brand new and that's that.

How much did you have to pay for your Spiegler lines?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode