Info for Termignoni on a 2009 SC1000 - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2019, 1:33 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoardrider View Post
Termi's are pretty easily obtained. JC/PAK BIKES usually has them.
As for a termi ECU flash and intake upgrade, it's pretty hard to beat the Wasp Puk from Intake Express out of Australia.

I have race Termi's with the WASP PUK kit. Worth every penny!!!
I've actually pondered getting that kit but this Ducati master mechanic told me to stick to the OEM air box as there's far less air disturbance. Did your kit come with a powercommander? What sort of improvements have you seen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2019, 4:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_delphin View Post
I've actually pondered getting that kit but this Ducati master mechanic told me to stick to the OEM air box as there's far less air disturbance. Did your kit come with a powercommander? What sort of improvements have you seen?
Intake sound is much louder, which is not my cup of tea. I prefer to hear the Termi's sound without the intake. But it's worth the trade off of having bike that pulls all the way to 8-9K rpms without falling on it's face. Crisper throttle response too.
Previously I had the factory Power kit (race Termi's, airbox, ECU), upgrades, but was not happy with them. The WASP PUK does what the factory power kit should have done. These motorcycles are not like modern Sport bikes, which have pressurized air boxes. We have old school air-cooled engine technology. Which means the more air you get into the motor (K&N), and more you push out of the engine (Termi's), the more power you will have (power commander). Think of it like an old Volkswagen bug engine!

'09 SC 1000S
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoardrider View Post
Termi's are pretty easily obtained. JC/PAK BIKES usually has them.
As for a termi ECU flash and intake upgrade, it's pretty hard to beat the Wasp Puk from Intake Express out of Australia.

I have race Termi's with the WASP PUK kit. Worth every penny!!!

have a website for the WASP? thought these kits were long since discontinued?

- fare
2017 BMW R1200GS Rallye
(x5) Sport Classics

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 10:48 pm

You can try contacting Ducati Bunbury: Workshop They still have the link to intake-express
on the site they are the ones who made and sold the kit the link is dead but they may still have some old stock.
You can still get the Corse Dynamics performance intake kit.

2008 Hypermotard 1100S, 2004 Green Ducati.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 10:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_delphin View Post
I had the Corse Dynamics kit but being in Norcal could not find anyone that would dyno tune the bike legal issues.
One site said if I stripped and brought it in on a trailer and claimed it was a track only bike they would. I ran a few
different maps and a PC3 using the Wasp Puk maps the power gain was good but again no dyno so no real numbers
or real tune. The intake Brappp was freaking loud you could barely hear the Termi 2 into 1 exhaust.

2008 Hypermotard 1100S, 2004 Green Ducati.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2019, 12:52 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermo View Post
You can try contacting Ducati Bunbury: Workshop They still have the link to intake-express
on the site they are the ones who made and sold the kit the link is dead but they may still have some old stock.
You can still get the Corse Dynamics performance intake kit.
I trid to actually look for the website before I saw your post and couldn't find any trace of it. I'll give it a shot. Hope they still have some. I wonder if anyone here has an old one for sale..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode