Monoposto parts and a gt1000 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2019, 11:08 pm Thread Starter

Monoposto parts and a gt1000

Dilemma

I’ve come across a low mileage monoposto that’s taken a front end hit. I’ve ride a gt1000 with higher mileage.. my original thoughts were to part out the mono here and fund some other things, but now I’m thinking a dry clutch and low mile power plant may be a good thing to hang onto..
What the collective thoughts on demand for some mono parts?
And what’s some thoughts on switching to the dry clutch?
Or just take all the parts and make a mono?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 2:25 pm

Garage
You're probably taking most of the valuable bits, the motor/clutch and swingarm.

I might be interested in some of the parts. I'm looking for the front fender, fender bracket (if they survived the crash) rear-set head guards, some of the seat mount hardware, and the crankcase ventilation hose. But those aren't very valuable.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 2:21 pm

GTs are pretty durable machines. Take care of 'em, and they keep on going. I get the temptation of hanging onto different/cool parts, but ask yourself this first: What do I want to ride?

You should be able to peddle the mono parts for a good profit, they're fewer in number and thus scarce. Plus if you REALLY want the dry clutch rattle you've pretty much got to go that way.

I've got a bunch of parts in my garage that I bought because they were "cool", and yet in some cases years later they're still sitting in my garage. I found out I didn't really want them, and now I'm stuck with selling them off. You haven't said much about your bike, if you haven't experienced a Sport Classic with lighter wheels then funding them should be something to consider?

As I said at the top, prioritize what YOU want; you'll likely be happiest that way.

Hi, my name is Jeff, and I'm a Ducatiholic.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Sandy View Post
Dilemma

Iíve come across a low mileage monoposto thatís taken a front end hit. Iíve ride a gt1000 with higher mileage.. my original thoughts were to part out the mono here and fund some other things, but now Iím thinking a dry clutch and low mile power plant may be a good thing to hang onto..
And whatís some thoughts on switching to the dry clutch?
How bad was the front end hit. pictures would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderjeff View Post

I've got a bunch of parts in my garage that I bought because they were "cool", and yet in some cases years later they're still sitting in my garage. I found out I didn't really want them, and now I'm stuck with selling them off.
what parts do you have? i have a lot of things laying around that I hope to use one day.

mf
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2019, 11:07 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Sandy View Post
Dilemma

Iíve come across a low mileage monoposto thatís taken a front end hit. Iíve ride a gt1000 with higher mileage.. my original thoughts were to part out the mono here and fund some other things, but now Iím thinking a dry clutch and low mile power plant may be a good thing to hang onto..
And whatís some thoughts on switching to the dry clutch?
If you plan on selling the monoposto, let me know

my 2009 took a hit from the side so I am looking for another bike to rebuild with my undamaged parts.

1997 Ducati 900SS sp *sold* | 2007 Ducati Sport 1000S | 2009 Ducati Sport Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode